Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Empty sac

I found out I was pregnant a week and half ago after coming of the pill 7 weeks ago. The doctor guessed I am about 2/3 weeks pregnant. I have been experience pains in lower abdomen and spotting but few days ago I thought I miscarriages. Hospital said I didn't it was a threatened miscarriage. Had a scan had only shown an empty sac.. no yolk sac, pole or heartbeat. I have to go back in 11 days for another scan. They said the shape of the sack is slightly abnormal, like it was collapsing in the middle. They don't no whether it's a failing pregnancy or growing as the don't no how far I really am and could be early still. 
I don't no what to think.. I don't want to get my hopes up if it's failing... has anyone else experienced this????

Replies

• I have not but sticky dust to you! 

• Hi emily76. If your only 2 to 3 weeks pregnant you won't see a lot on a scan. The scan won't pick up fetal pole until around 5 to 6 weeks. Plus it won't pick up heart beat until around 6 weeks either. Try not to worry x

• I had to get scanned at 7 weeks. It showed sa but nothing else.. i also had a low hcg level xx I'm 21 weeks tomoro and alls ok xx fingers crossed x

ive added my 7 week scan so u can have a wee look x

•  don't panic just yet it may just be that ur in the very early stages still

• Thankyou.. I'm just really scared as they said the gestational sac is abnormal shape.. like a kidney bean but reall sunken in the middle?

• Hopefully everything will be ok. When's your next scan xx

• I’m going through something similar now. I’ve had 6 positive hpt but started cramping and bleeding. I went to the doctor and their test was negative and they saw nothing in my uterus. I get my blood results tomorrow. I’m freaking out. This is my third pregnancy and I’ve never experienced this. 

• How many weeks do you think you are xx

• 2-4 would be my guess

• 2-4 weeks. Sorry

• I got got blood results back. My hcg levels are at 78. I go back Monday for more testing. Thank you for responding. 

• I found out I was pregnant on the night of the 7th of Jan. Hcg was 112. The morning of 8th got a ultrasound at hospital and nothing was seen except cyst on right ovary. Then got a ultrasound on the 9th at Drs office. He said he seen a tiny sac. Hcg was 215 that morning. Went back 10 day later so the 19th and saw a bigger sac. He said it looked like something was going on in there but not enough to see much or measure. I go back the 2cd. To get another ultrasound. I'm going insane waiting. Is the baby ok do you think....honestly. I will post picture from 9th then 1imageimage9th 

• Close up from 19thimage

• My doctor told me that if you’re not far enough along, they won’t be able to see much if anything at all. How far along are you? Your hcg levels are increasing, so that’s a good sign. Good luck to you. 

• Hi hun how many weeks are you. You wont be able to see fetal pole until you are around 6 weeks xx

• I was right at 6 weeks with this ultrasound