Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

5 weeks pregnant - pains

im 5 weeks pregnant today I found out just before 4 weeks was getting mild cramps and sharp Left side pains I’m due a scan next Wednesday because of the pains .

im panicking but is it actually normal . It’s only now and again and not had them christmas Day . hospital is concerned because it’s just on the left , but the last two days I’ve had a few on the right is this a good sign . 

Had bloods and they were rising - and I’ve had no bleeding 

any advice

thanks 

Replies

• I am approx 11 weeks now and around the same time as you I had sharp cramping in my tummy. I didn’t think anything of it at the time and all is still fine :-) 

• Hey, I'm a couple days behind you (4+5) and having the same thing. I was panicking because of my previous MC but have been told by a friend it's totally normal. 

They did say if it was worrying me that much I should call the EPU, it's better than sitting panicking yourself!

• I’ve not had any pains for about 3 days . I really hope everythings ok ! This is my 4th baby 👶🏻 I’ve never panicked so much . Can’t wait for the scan just to ease my mind . Every time I go to the toilet when I wipe I’m checking . Driving myself mad lol