Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant after 2 mcs

hi everyone

ive just found out I am pregnant again after 2 consecutive mcs earlier this year (No period between them) I’m so scared to get excited because of losing the 2 babies before. I’m 4wks 4days and have been having cramps like a period and when I miscarried before the cramps were awful right before actually miscarrying, is this cramping normal? I can’t get to see my GP or midwife for another 2 days as it’s a Sunday then bank holiday, would you suggest a trip to A&E to see if they can refer me to EPU for early pregnancy scan or just wait until Tuesday when I can see my GP?

Replies

• Options

Hey, 

I'm currently 4w6d and cramping a little too. Although they feel nothing like the cramps I had with my miscarriage earlier this year. Friends have told me it's completely normal at this stage, but if its really worrying you though, I'd get it checked. I totally understand the fear that you might be losing another baby. 

The only thing is that at this stage theres a good chance that the EPU wouldn't actually see anything on a scan. There's a thread on here called Pregnant after miscarriage which I've just joined and it's good for general queries - it might be worth having a look?

• Options

Hi,

theyre only mild period like cramps and like you said nothing like when I miscarried! That’s what I thought that they wouldn’t see anything yet anyway :( just so worrying every time I go to the toilet I have to psych myself up to check the toilet paper after wiping Because I’m scared I’ll see blood. The worrying can’t be good for the baby I know, will just wait till tues and hopefully have a chat with my midwife to maybe settle my nerves

thanks x