Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Mum says they are common..

2»

Replies

• Options
    Hey foks don't even react to the post previous to this by granyvera....

obviously just a flamer trying to upset people...

ignore them and we can report it to the webeditor....

this happened a couple of days ago, they'll just go from post to post saying stupid things.....

I love the names you have chosend, particulary caitlyn...

hubby and I cannot agree on a name for our little boy but we have finally narrowed it down to 4 or 5 and I've said lets wait now until he arrives and see which one suits him best...

xxxxxxx
  • Options
    ooooh what is it with mothers??? my mum said the exact same thing. my OH is a massive music fan and his fave band are the charlatans so bless as he is so excited and wanted this baby soooooo much i let him choose the names. he has chosen Burgess for a boy (lead singer is called tim burgess) and Charlotte-Anne for a girl. my mum has said she will call the baby bobby if its a boy as she hates Burgess. ive tried to explain that it will be confusing. she goes against everything i say anyway she still gives my 4 year old niece a cup of tea in a "bok bok" for gods sake!!
  • Options
    hey its your baby and you should call it what you want. what is it with mums and mils, my mum hasnt been keen on any of my childrens names jacob (she preferred jack) Megan was too harsh Alice, people will call her alice in wonderland and dont even get me started on what she said about isaac. I learnt after my first 2 not to tell mum or mil my choice of name then they just had to live with it when baby was born.
  • Options
    When i had my little girl the midwife on the ward asked what she was going to be called, when i said Matilda she had the front to say that i couldnt call her that, the midwife!! she nearly got a smack on the chops! nobody else liked it either! now she's a cheeky monkey of a 2 year old funnily enough they can't imagine her being called anything else! I gave her my mothers and grandmothers names in the middle which i think my mum was so pleased about she overlooked not really liking the name to begin with!