Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Worried about over heating

Hi all
I'm prob being silly and paranoid! Just found out i'm 4 weeks pregnant with baby number 3 and with the weather being so hot, i feel hot and sweaty all the time and cant seem to keep cool especially at work as we're really busy and cant seem to cool myself down.
Will it do baby any harm? and anyone got any tips to keep cool?
Many thanks

Replies

• Hi,

I'm sure you'll be fine - at 4 weeks your bean is teeny and won't notice anything. Just keep drinking lots of water/fluids and take care if you start to feel dizzy etc.

For keeping cool - again lots of fluid (preferably water) with ice if you like, get a fan on you and at night or in the morning have a cool shower and if you can pop your feet in a bowl of cold water all the better

Arls
    33+4
    xxx
  • Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I wouldn't worry too much about it, just try not to let yourself get too warm. Your skin can react differently to the sun too so you'll need to either slap on the sunscreen or stay out of the sun!

My MW recommended drinking at least 3 litres of water a day in this weather to stay hydrated.

Can you speak to your manager at work to do something about the fact you can't stay cool? It may be worth having a word with them and letting them know just to be on the safe side. xx
  • Your boss should do a risk assessment now that you are pregnant and it should include assessing your comfort, which is everything from having a good supportive chair, desk at right height to temperature control.

PS: to cool down place your wrists under a cold running tap - works every time! image xxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev060pf___.png

[Modified by: Fairythalia on June 30, 2010 01:50 PM]

• just keep urself as hydrated as possible and maybe get urslef a cooling mist spray. i agree perhaps having a chta with ur linemanager would help, hwoever they're nto legally obliged to do anything until they ahve received written notice that u r pregnant. x
  • Thanks for the replies and handy tips will try some of those.
    Planning to tell work next week when the manager is next in.
    I work as a carer so they like to keep the temp warm for the patients.
    As much as i like this nice weather i hope it cools down a bit soon.xx