Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Big Bump = Big Baby??

Hello all was just wondering if any of u have been huuuuuuuuge during pregnancy but had a normal sized baby? I had my 1st last yr and i wasn't too big but my baby was 9lb!!!! Then my sis in law was HUUUUUUGE and her baby was 5lb!!! Im now due with my 2nd a little girl and im massive!!! My m/w says it's cause my muscles aren't as tight as they were b4 u have a baby. But i think she's just trying to make me feel better. I dont care what my baby's weight is as long as she's healthy but honestly i look like im about 2 have a 16lb-er!!! And Im not due til 6th Sept!!!!! image

Replies

• hello and welcome to my world lol i have been getting told i am huge for ages in fact i have made loads of posts on the subject as long as you are healthy don't listen to people what do they know?? listen to the doc and mw and enjoy your pregnancy i now stick it out worse than ever just to wynd the ass***es up lol
  • i wouldn't know to be honest as this is my first but my bump is quite big and not due till late Nov. my sister had 9lb babies for both and had big bumps and another sister had 6lb baby with small bump but if they are concerned at all about the size big or small, they would normally do a growth scan to measure as I think it's difficult to tell from bump as some women carry much more fluid than others etc.
  • ha ha ha i know it's nothing to worry about all my measurements are what they should be etc.. I've just bought all this pretty 1st size stuff and im terrified she'll be too big 2 fir into it!! lol!!! XX
  • me too thats why im getting 0-3 months from now on . well our babies are healthy and thats all that matters . my last one was 8lb 4 oz and my hubbies was 10ld 13 oz (didn't tell me that till i was preggy lol don't know what im having it was being shy !!
    fea x