Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Mummy Brain

Hi, another of those pregnancy symptoms, the famous mummy brain, forgetting every thing and constantly repeating yourself? Oh yes I hear you cry! I read a story today of someone who through there purse in the bin and went home with an empty sandwich wrapper in there handbag, made me laugh so I was wondering if anyone had any more stories of mummy brain? I have been guilty of people telling me when they are doing something and then forgetting and constantly asking people what they are doing, like asking my mum at least 10 times when it is she is going on holiday etc! Anyone else suffering?

Replies

• lol im not quite there yet,although i should be worried,im like that anyway lol i have to put everything in writing(thats important)lol
  • hiya, tell me about it the other day after making myself breakfast i put the mlk back in the cupboard and the box of cereal in the fridge, and only realised what i had done when i went to get milk for a cuppa, lol
    :lol:
  • great, glad to hear there i ssuch a thing as mummy brain, but is there such a thing as pregnancy brain?? And does it rub off on OH's too? I keep doing wierd things too, but my partner tried to heat up his cold cup of tea by putting it in the fridge the other day, and i tried to take dirty plates into the bedroom instead of the kitchen! Oh my, if this is just the start of it i am worried!!
  • Yep, mummy brain covers pregnancy too. Just nearly put the washing in the fridge, whoops! Don't think it rubs off on OH's, I think they started like that! x
  • I managed to put the car keys in the bin the other day!
    They were in a carrier bag. (& I knew they were there & that I must take them out but multi tasking isn't functioning too well at the mo!) I doubled it up with another bag & then emptied the cats leftovers into it so it wouldn't pong the next day, Tied them up & in the bin they went! I only noticed because I heard A clunk as it hit the side of the bin!! it was very lucky that the bag with my keys in it wasn't the bit with the cat meat in it!! Lucky too because it's the only set of keys for the car we have!!
  • Oh do I know all about mummy brain although mine was pregnancy brain! I have been driving 18 years and I have only ever had an accident twice, once when I was pregnant with my daughter and then again when I was pregnant with my son!!! (not serious thank god) I am expecting baby no 3 now and being ultra careful as Hubby has just bought a new BMW, don't think he will be quite so forgiving this time. lol. Karyn
  • Well, it strikes again, turned up and hour and a half early for my physio appointment because I lost the ability to read. Nice knowing it's not just me though!
  • Can't make up my mind..yes i can, uh actually, no I can't...
  • A typical 'preg-head' day: Took my 2 year-old to Tescos without any shoes on (her not me) so I had to carry her to trolleys (no mean feat when nearly 39 weeks pg). Whilst trying to find ??1 to put in the damned thing I realised I'd left my purse at home. Went home empty-handed and made a cup of tea, accidentally picking up orange juice from fridge instead of milk...
  • i've forgotten how to speak, my sister's name, my partners name, what day it is, where I put my keys/wallet, sugar in the fridge, milk in the cupboard, etc etc - and that was before I was pregnant lol...just kidding...it's starting to scare me just how scatty I'm getting, poor unborn baby! :lol: