Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

new 2 this and cramp

hi im new 2 this but it is a good site . im 3 months gone and due jan the 8 with my first baby and i cant wait. i was just wondering if any on had any ideas how i can get rid of cramp it starts rite up the top of my leg and goes all the way done???????? i would love it 2 stop.:\)

Replies

• weird i know but bananas!!!! eat one every day and it is supposed to help.... hi welcom to this camp
    fea
  • Hi Luckyjj, Welcome! Cramp can be a sign of calcium deficiency so increase your intake of foods with calcium - eg, dairy - milk/cheese. Also quinnine which is in tonic water (urggh!) is supposed to be good for cramp!! Or if all else fails get your OH to give you lots of leg rubs!! Bxx
  • Yep, bananas & bacon. I think its to do with potasium levels.
    Keeping your fluid levels up should help as should gentle exercise and stretching.

Hope it improves soon x

• I get woken up every night with terrible cramp in my left leg. I have started having a tonic water (with squash in!) before I go to bed and this seems to help.
  • My midwife recomended Plain crisps and a banana. Strange but apparently the sodium reacts with the potasium to help ease it. Worked for me !!!!

Just be careful with your salt intake as it can increase blood pressure. Ok for me tho as mine has been so low all the way through i've been constantly dizzy !!!!
  • Hi,

like everyone else I do the banana a day to help my cramp at night.

If my legs are stiff/sore before bed I'll also massage some moisteriser along the leg - if theres any cramp inducing lactic acid already there it helps to move it away before it sits there all night. It helps a little!!!!!