Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

did anyone get their positive pregnancy result late?

hi everyone...
im really confused...
ive been having what i 'thought' are pregnancy symptoms (as ive been pregnant before).. but have taken cheap strip tests up until yesterday and its saying negative!....

thing is im one day late on my period so far and usually very on time with my monthly!!!

has anyone been in this situation and in fact been pregnant.... if so what experiences did you have with your test brand!?...

ive been having constant slight cramps too for a good few days now which would also indicate pregnancy!.. ???

having a glimps of hope but if im having negative tests it must seem im not pregnant after all...
im on day 32 of cycle and AF is usually def. here by day 30-31 ..

x

[Modified by: ex-Pregnant Lady on 20 April 2008 08:36:36 ]

[Modified by: ex-Pregnant Lady on 20 April 2008 08:37:43 ]

Replies

• I didn't get my BFP til a week after I was due, so there's plenty of time yet!

Fingers crossed for you x
  • Hi i was 10 days late on a usual 28 day cycle b4 I got my pos, in those 10 days I did 8 tests which all were neg!!
    Guess it must of just been my hcg levels were too low.

Fingers crossed for you xx
  • hi
    could you have ov'd later?
    this is what happened to me (sorry if it bores you!):
    last few cycles have been 26 days, last AF started on a Friday. so my last cycle i was expecting to ov a little earlier, or on the Friday at the latest (making it 28 day cycle), but I didn't ov until the sunday/monday/possibly even the tuesday (couldn't quite work it out as had lots of ewcm all those days and ran out of ov tests on the sunday!). based on AF cycles my AF should have turned up the following wednesday/thursday (CD27/28ish) but it didn't. Took test on the Friday (CD29) BFN on clear blue. but i figured i had ov'd late so AF not due until the sunday/monday.
    on the saturday i tested with Sainsburys and i was very confused with the result. The same thing happened on the Sunday. Basically i was getting a line appearing towards the end of the 10mins. I thought this was an evap line but the line was quite strong and coloured. so i'm not sure if this was an evap line or a BFP. anyway i felt awful all of the sunday and had cramps thinking AF was on her way (even though I don't get cramps until full flow). So i didn't test on the Monday, fully expecting her to arrive. She didn't, so I tested on the tuesday (CD33) with CB and it was BFP!

sorry if that was a very long story but thought i would explain what was happening to me. I ov'd late but i also got BFNs and poss evap lines/faint BFPs before BFP.

good luck hope it is a BFP for you! xxx
  • I didn't get one till I was 10 weeks with Jack. This one, I had a negative result at the docs in the morning, got sent to hospital and 4 hours later on i got a positive result and I was 5 weeks gone.
  • hi hun,in my 1st pregnancy i did 2 negative tests until i was 2 weeks late on my period and then got a positive!in my 2nd pregnancy i was 3 1/2 mths gone when i got a positive result!and in this pregnancy i was about 7 weeks gone when i got a positive result.Think it goes on how much hgv u have in ur system for the test to detect x
  • thanks all so much.
    well.. i still havent got AF!.. so no news is good news..
    im also having a faint metal taste and still feeling slightly sick..

do you think its possible?..
    havent tested today and will get one tomorrow..
    xx

fingers crossed.

thanks for all your posts ladies.. its given me hope
  • Hi I got my bfp a week after my af was due. I used a clear blue test when I got the bfp but pre that I had used boots own. good luck xx
  • I finally got my BFP at 15 weeks!!! I am almost 16 weeks. Due date January 15, 2014... Finally got a positive home urine test! I knew i was pregnant, had many symptoms but all BFN until today! So excited to have my BFP !!!!!
  • I just got my positive 8 weeks after my last period. I had a miscarriage the month before that. I'm confused that as to why it's taken so long to get a positive? 

• Okay so ladies I am currently 22 days late for my cycle and I am not showing signs of a period at 11 and 13 days days after expected AF I received a negative with a dollar tree and family dollar test and yet and still after I stopped thinking about possibly being pregnant I am still without a cycle. I'm staying nauseous, have creamy cm (sorry if tmi), cervix has changed from medium (middle knuckle) to low (first little knuckle) back to medium. My stomach is staying empty and I can still go all day without eating.. When I do eat I don't eat much.... I am actually able to go number 2 way more than usual and at about a week before my expected AF I had what I believe to be implantation bleeding (only pink and only when I wiped.. very light pink for about one hour if that).... 4 days before my missed cycle a free pregnancy clinic did a urine test and said i'm negative... What do I do now???? My babe and I always have unprotected so yes he has cum in me but is there still a possiblity that i'm still preg and have a low hcg level??? Oh and I'm EXTREMELY emotional!!!

• Yes it is still possible you are pregnant!! All those BFN's can be false negatives! Some women like me have low levels of hcg in the urine. Go get blood test at doctors and insist on an ultrasound. I am now 19 weeks pregnant and did not get a BFP until week 15... I really hate those home pregnancy tests. A waste of money as far as i'm concerned. I had many BFN's and i AM pregnant. In fact i just took another test today at 5 months pregnant and it was negative.! Do not believe them. I have heard of some women who never test positive but are pregnant
  • Since you all seen to have more experience in this area I am on cd 21 .... I'm now 7 days late with constant bfns with frers and clear blue hpts my only symptom is sleepiness

What do you ladies think?
  • hi i am 7 days late with my p . i have sore breasts and a bit moody did a clear blue non dig yesterday and it was neg i have a very very light p pains but only if my bladder is full. can i be pregn  my cycle is normal 33 days 

• Thank you to all the Moms who responded to this post.  I am on day 44 (32-35 day cycles) with no sign of AF and countless BFNs. Minimal spotting and cramps/pinching of day 35.  Expecting this to just be a weird cycle, but hoping to have a similar story as you ladies.

• Period was sept 4 missed my next period took a bunch of tests kept on being negative the last test I took was October 6 then I gave up. Took another test today October 20 and it was positive yay. Just confused when my due date is
  • I am now almost 3 days late on period, had what i though was implantation bleeding, so hoping I am preggies.I am usually spot on with period.

Today my BBT (basal body temperature) suddently dropped from 36.6 to 36.2,  and I read that if you are pregnant it stays high.

Happened to anyone (drop in bbt) and was still pregnant?

still getting negative tests...

• With my second pregnancy i didnt get a positive result until i was 3 months pregnant but all the others showed quikly
  • star75 was that a home pregnancy test or did you do any  blood tests early on  that didn't show a pregnancy.?

I have been doing blood tests asweel and no sign of hormone hCG in my blood... Very frustrating...

I appreciate your reply

• I;m 17 days late and just got a BFN this morning, it was the fouth test i have taken. I think i'm getting symptoms of pregnancy like sleepyness, nausea, milky discharge and i'm pretty sure i had implantation bleeding last week, it was light pink and only on the tp when i wiped only happened once or twice a day for two days.. with my first born i got a positive before i even missed af. I don't know what's going on, going to wait till i miss af for november and test again.. GL to you all

• Hi guys, need your advice.

My periods are 4 days late now. Usually am spot on with my periods -- 28 day cycle. Have taken 3 HPTs, all BFNs until now. Last tested when I was 4 weeks 1 day. Am scared/nervous about taking another one coz it may say a negative again. Also, went to the dr's at 3 weeks 6 days -- that too was negative.

Am confused as to the best day to take a HPT.