Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

O/T - Eurovision. Will you be watching?

Just like the title really! I normally have a eurovision party every year but everyone is busy this year image Missed it last year cos I was getting married!!

So who will be watching?

Replies

• Options
    Oh my YES!!! image Totally tragic but I adore Eurovision and also usually have a party - but this year I will be chilling in PJs and loving every minute...! x x x
  • Options
    HAHA I will also be watching in my PJs!! Can't wait!
  • Options
    Oh dear its on at the same time as Britain's Got Talent ... hmmmmmmmm! x
  • Options
    yeah im recording it so i can fast forward the rubbish act heheimage
  • Options
    haha yes, i watched the pre shows during the week wh ere they decide who is gonna be in, both uk and belgium are in so both oh and i wnat to watch it, jsut to see how badly we do lol...loved the netherlands' song, written by the man who wrote the smurfs song! classic cheesy europop! lol x
  • Options
    yip me 2...eurovision has been a tradition since i was wee when i get settled in my jammies with some sweeties lol - that and children in need i always watch! dont see why britain bother entering anymore with the block voting but we are going to watch it anyway...

Lx
  • Options
    just wondered, uk were pre qualfifiers or something, and then on tuesday uk wasn't allowed to vote for the 10 out of the 17 on tuesdays show, but were allowed to on thursday...anyone know why we couldn't vote tuesday? was a bit miffed as belgium were in tuesday's semis and weren't able to vote...surely it would be fairer if u could vote both times? rather than telling us which countries we're allowed to vote for??
  • Options
    so what are ur fave songs? i'm still watching my recorded one and its just started the results...my faves are cyprus, belgium and germany, the french one is ok, but i only really like the bit where they go 'dumdumdumdedum' lol. xx
  • Options
    bit late but my favs were the belgium one, cyprus and french one...didnt like the german one much (although think it would have been better if someone else was singing it lol)

i dont know why the uk bother enetering now - they should just pull out cause they put lots of money in and dont get anywhere - last again?!!! i wasnt particularly impressed with the song or josh's performance but it was no way the worst in there and i just think its no longer about being a song competiion (espec when half the bloody countries arent even in europe) and all about block voting so britain dont ever have a chance...

rant over lol...

Lx
  • Options
    "espec when half the bloody countries arent even in europe"

lol, i did see a few countries and Oh and I were liek 'are they in europe???' lol. x
  • Options
    god that made me sound a bit racist and i didnt mean it too - i just meant that lots of them are not in the european union or europe e.g the balkan countires but its called the 'Eurovision song contest' so why dont they just re call it the 'world song contest' and let australia and afric and antartica enter?

Lx
  • Options
    haha, no don't worry, i knew what u meant lol. yeh really it should be the worldvision song contest, we'd definately never win then!