Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Support Belt ... ... any recommendations?

Hi ladies...... I'm really suffering with SPD, inbeween my legs and in my lower back. I'm waiting for physio (eeeeek) but need support now!!! I've looked on the internet for a support belt and there are loads - can anyone recommend one that will lift my bump and support my back?

Thank you!

PinkMomma. 27+4 (bubs number 3!)

Replies

• Hi, I had SPD and had this belt. http://www.oxfordpramcentre.co.uk/product_Carriwell-Maternity-Support-Band_1405_0_index.php

Later I had a special one from the maternity hospital from the physio which is like a spider legs.

Nicki
  • Sorry forgot to say it was my 3rd too and recommended to me from a lady having twins. she had tried and tested the one from mothercare and didnt rate it as much as this one.
  • Thank you ***Nic*** - that's one I had on my short list actually but as it was one of the cheaper ones I wondered if it was good enough - thanks for recommendation.

PinkMomma.x:\)
  • Hi, I have just been diagnosed with SPD too, it is so painful. I am waiting for my physio appointment too. My doctor told me not to bother with a belt as they can have a placebo effect and there is no medical evidence that they help. This has really confused me, as I was going to buy one but now I am not sure what to do.
  • just like to say it might not helpyou at all,my first pregnancy i had really bad back ache so decided to buy a support belt but it did nothing but i kept it just incase i needed it again,my second pregnancy (twins) i had spd and brought it back out,it did nothing for the pain,when i went to see the physio they gave me anouther one and told me to put both on which i did,it took the weight of the bump which was a god send as my bump was moosive :lol: but again did nothing for the pain,the only thing that helped me was crutches but some ppl swear by them

sarah