Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

25 week midwife appointment today....

Hello ladies. hope eveyone is ok. been to see my midwife today and got my mat b1 form etc and found out that i am A RhD Negative!! anyone else the same its nothing to worry about is it? xx

Replies

• I think u need a injection of positive later on during pregnancy i'm not sure what happens when ur this hun, did ur midwife not explain it to you? x
  • Hi, it is nothing to worry about you get an injection of anti-d, this is to stop antibodies forming that could be harmful in future pregnancies, I am due mine at around 28 weeks and then some hospitals also give it after the birth, your midwife should be able to fill you in x
  • I'm rh -ve, it's nothing to worry about but the mw should have gone through it with you or at least given you some leaflets. If your baby is -ve you don't need to worry at all, if you're baby is +ve there are risks which they can control for you.
    With your first it's not such an issue but should you want more you will need to be cared for.
    If you get a trauma to the bump in pregnancy make sure you inform the mw.
    Basically if bloods mix then our body believes the baby is something to fight and will create antibodies so they give you an anti-d shot which stops your body trying to fight it, when you give birth they will check if your baby is -ve, if so they don't do anything but if +ve they will give you anti-d to ensure tour body wouldnt begin building antibodies which would harm
    A future baby.
    Depending on your area you may also be called
    In for one at 28weeks too but this varies.
    Hope that all makes sense um replying on my phone!

[Modified by: waiting4baby on June 29, 2010 08:51 PM]

• hiya yeh i am o negative but as my hubby is aswell
    weve no chance of making a positive baby, so i dont need anti d, ask for some more info on it hun, but its nothing to worry about, u may just need the anti d x