Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Prams! What did you choose and why?

Hello all you ladies who have chosen or already got your prams. I'm really interrested to know which ones you've chosen and why.

I'm sure everyone who's still trying to choose would appreciate your help, i know i would

gem 16+6

xxxx

Replies

• hiya
    ive just ordered the luna mix i realy liked it and its completly different to the mamas & papas pramette i had with my first! but i do understand,theres too many to choose from its taken me over 20 weeks!!!!
  • Chosing your pram is such a hard task, i remember the dilemma well....
    Last year with our dd we went for the mamas and papas pramette in polka which i loved! This time i had to go for a double (which trust me is even harder!!) so we went for the Phil & Teds sport, which is lovely but i do miss my polka pramette.
    I always look at peoples prams when we are out and about, as probably most of you do too.... i love them! Ha!Ha!

Good luck deciding.....

Katie, mummy to Erin 13mnths and Joe 4 weeks. x
  • i have really really got my heart set on the 3 wheeler urban detour but my inlaws (who bought our first pram)are really against us spending money we havnt got when the other one is in perfectly good condition, i just want to buy a pram i have chosen and that i like but i have to talk my oh into going halves with me and so far im not getting very far .... x x
  • its ur baby so dont listen to anyone else!!!
    if i was u id get the one u luv!!
    new baby new pram!!
  • I've bought the Quinny Buzz 3. It's pricey but we've made cutbacks elsewhere as this really was the one that I found lightest, smallest and easiest to manoevre and put up & down. I love the way the car seat and other seats click into and out of the frame so easily.

The one disadvantage I've found so far is that it doesn't fold upright, so you can't just shove it into a corner - it folds down flat, and isn't that easy to prop against a wall. This could make storage a bit of an issue.

30+5

[Modified by: PinkToothbrush on September 29, 2008 04:10 PM]

• I agree it's not often you need a pram so you should get what you want.
    You could hide a vital part of the old one so it doesn't work!

Thanks ladies more pram thoughts needed!

xxx
  • Well we have been really lucky and have been given 1 after mysis whos lo is 21mnths its hardly been used as she goes everywhere by car its immaculate.
    I would have chosen onevery similar if id bought my own so we have saved a massive amount its a babystyle blue and cream checked not sure of name of it but i like it cos its a proper pram not a buggy style i like a newborn in a pram if you know what i mean its very light even though looks very heavy and it has a bounce mechanism.
    The only downfall i can find with it is that it is quite bulky but i have a 4x4 so no problem in my boot!
    Enjoy your choosing ladies.
  • we bought the graco tour delux travel system as it includied docking base and a soft carry cot for newborn
  • well i think i am going to get it but my inlaws are keeping our 1st pram at theres for safe keeping till the baby is born so i cant hide anything lol good thinkin though i will get the urban detour but i do feel like im being a brat wanting another one when our 1st is in good condition.......can i just add although travel systems are great if u can get one where the car seat lies totally or almost flat cos in the early days when ure out and about the baby sometimes doesnt move positions an awfull lot e.g into the car , fix to the pram while shop and do lunch then back in the car it can be a good few hours in the same position and im convinced thats why my son wouldnt sleep in his basket cos he didn t like lying flat ...just a thought x x x x xx x
  • I am REALLY missing the pram shopping this time round!!!! I have a Phil & Ted that I only got last year when Zara was born as I needed a double for her & Amy so I'll just be using it this time too now Amy is walking almost all of the time. Even if I was buy another pram I would buy the same again as I'm going to need a double again but I definately miss the excitement of chosing a new pram xx
  • We've gone for the i-candy apple. Its the only one my hubby wanted. The only downside is that it is really heavy....although my hubby's attitude is that I will want to lose my baby weight asap and this will be a good weight system!! Cheeky bugger! xxxx
  • Weve bought the Jane Matrix Powertrack 360o.
    It is a carrycot, car seat, buggy. Fabby travel system x
    http://bd.lilypie.com/96A8p1/.png

• Hiya

Aw noooo, we were really keen on the icandy apple, quite modern but practical and its a travel system, i didnt check the weight, at the time they only had a pear in stock to look at, so need to check on that one.

Lxxx
  • I just have to mention the Petite Star Zia,its amazing!At just 100 pounds its a bargain and has won so many awards in all the baby magazines. Its suitable from birth,folds up small and easy to guide with one hand....I cant recommend it highly enough!The only downside is the basket is small and its forward facing....but when you consider your little one will probably only last in a lie flat pram for a matter of weeks its worth it.

Of course its down to personal choice and this is just my opinion, but I am not sure about using the maxi cosi/quinny combo or any other travel system that uses the car seat in the buggy. I worked at a well known baby shop and even there we were informed that keeping the baby in this curved position for more than 2 hours at a time is bad for baby's spine and head.

Its a very popular choice now and I'm sure if it was a serious health risk there would be more said about it but just wanted to warn other mummies to be who choose this option to minimise use eg on long shopping trips or days out. Happy Shopping!!x

• Im wanting to get the silvercross dazzle pushchair. I didn't want something bulky and heavy as most prams are but i did like the idea of my baby facing me. The dazzle is a normal forward facing pushchair that lies flat for newborns but you can also get a carrycot that clips in the pushchair that when the baby goes into it they then face you. The carrycot will also be good as a place for babs to nap during the day when im in the living room. It's light and folds with one hand and has an unusual quirky design, i've not once seen anyone about with one (although that may be a bad sign lol). They have had good reviews too. They also come in about 4 or 6 different colours although i'm just going for the black. They are 175 quid on they're own without carrycot or 225 with carrycot.

Can't wait to get mine!!!!! :\)

Suzi 18+6 xx
  • My husband has really enjoyed looking at prams! I suppose it's a bit like looking at cars. He's been pushing them round the shops, clipping bits on and off and asking technical questions. I'd like the Cosatto Cabi or Mobi travel system, and it seems to have passed my husband's tests. It's light and easy to push around, folds down quite small, and looks neat and tidy. We also looked at the Mothercare My3, but the carrycot looked flimsy and uncomfortable, so that put me off. I'd love the Concord Neo or the iCandy, but the Cosatto seems nearly as good for much less money.
  • I still have my Mamas and Papas travel system from when I had my daughter 8 years ago!!!!

Its the Pliko with Car seat in Dinky Denim - cost ??500 back then.

Only hope I canremember how to use it :\?
  • We bought the Graco Mosiac Travel System from Mothercare for ??180. I love it as it's lightweight and has a one-handed fold system. As it's a travel system you also get all the bits & bobs with it xxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/IvyMp1/.png

• It is such a minefield isn't it! we spent weeks debating which one to go for with our first and ended up opting for the Quinny Buzz travel system, which we've been very happy with.

However, something we didn't really think about, but should have when we made our choice was how soon we were likely to want a 2nd baby. If I'd have thought that far ahead I would have chosen the Phil and Teds pushchair as it's great for 1 child and also ideal for a second. we're now going through the process of selling the Buzz and buying the Phil and Teds as our second baby is due in April and our 1st child will only be 22 months old and will therefore still need to use a pushchair!

Hope this helps!
  • fab thread!!

we're going thro the great debate right now. there's so much to choose from. we liked the look of the bugaboo and its got great reviews but just not sure if its too expensive.

i really would like one with a carrycot for the lo to sleep in during the day.

its great to read everyone's own experiences....

;\)