Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Prams

Replies

• For those of you looking at the Cameleon, it may be worth taking a look at the Hauk Infinity. It is very similar in style but much cheaper (especially if you buy through kiddicare.com where it is nearly ??300 pounds off the rrp at the moment). We even managed to get ours with the car seat included in the price, although I don't know if that offer is still available.

It doesn't have quite as many of the features that the Cameleon has - the colour range is more limited, the handle doesn't change direction so that, although the pram element attaches to face either direction, the carrycot only faces one way, and it doesn't have the two-wheel option. And I think you actually have to remove the wheels to get the most compact collapse on the chassis (we don't have a car so this isn't something we have had to worry about too much.) And, because not many places stock it, it can be difficult to find somewhere to test drive one properly. But it is light-weight, highly manouverable and comes with all the elements that we were looking for in a pram in terms of having a removable carrycot, two-direction pram seat that reclines and an easy-to-use car seat. I love the Cameleon and we would have definitely gone for that, but at half the price (with car seat included) the Hauk was, for us, far better value for money. Hopefully it will live up to its promise in practice when the baby arrives in the next week or so!
  • ok so am slightly wottied now as we have bought a silver cross 3d cos we really liked it and everyone has slated it!! aarggh! is there anyone who actually rates the 3d?

Nina 31+4 xx
  • We have ordered the Jane Pro system - I am so excited to get it!
    It should be here within the next week or so - cant wait to have a play!

What are you thinking of getting K-Lou?
    xx
  • We went for the Bugaboo Bee as we tried lots but we kept coming back to this one as its so light will fit in my small Clio, faces both ways and it wasnt so expensive as the Cameleon. Its at my Mom's house and we put it all together last weekend and had great fun wheeling it around the kitchen, lounge etc because it is so small and nibble. The maxi cosi car seat fits onto it with the adapters and we got the Bee, footmuff, snug, car seat and adapters for ??500 off Bambino direct - although this isnt a great sight to buy anything from it took us 2 weeks to receive and alot of phone calls!
  • Im going to for a Bugaboo, I was planning on getting the Camaleon with sand at top and brown at the bottom but I aslo like the limited edition denim one they do.
    When I went into the shop I also looked at the Bugaboo Bee which my friend has and she says it is so light. It looks smaller too so may be better in the long run.
    I love the fact the cameleon has the pram attachment so im undecided and think ill decide when I go to buy it and take o/h with me. They said they take 2 months to order as Bugaboos come from Holland and they do two deliveries every month so I have plently of time to order it between 26 weeks and the babies arrival (I hope);
    http://www.lilimay.com/buggies/bugaboo.php
    xx
  • Hi girls thanks for so much feedback i am going to looking all these up in a second image

The one I have fallen in love with is this but i have not tested it out or seen it, only seen it on line. Am going to put a post to see if anybody has this pram.

http://www.mothercare.com/Silver-Cross-Linear-Freeway-Cargo/dp/B001OPGZ3Q/sr=1-15/qid=1235643502/ref=sr_1_15/277-0322709-5909071?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=76404031&mcb=core

k XX
    17 WEEKS
  • Looks lovely hun ! Exactly the "shape" I want - although I want a three wheeler ...

K x
    6+6
  • I really like the look of these but don;t really want a three wheeler and the basket is a good size and looks like you can get some in and the car seat for this pram has good reviews as well.

K xx
    17 weeks
  • Hi

We have brought the Quinny Buzz 4, we have the carrycot in Chilli (purple and red) and brought the basket seat and footmuff in raccon (brown and green). So for me it will be like having a brand new pushchair when tthe baby is older. Nicki
  • I'm looking forward to trying prams at the Baby Show tomorrow, but I particularly want to try the icancy cherry and now I want to play with the Silvercross that you like!

Seen a hell of a lot of people with quinny's this week x
  • we have the mamas and papas skate... its fab!!!... gorgeus!... does so mch stff, and can b used with a car seat!
  • We have the bugaboo bee as I don't drive so needed something lightweight. The other bugaboos are quite heavy and big for public transport. We got its with the maxi cosi car seat for when dh chaufers us around!

• I had the silvercross 3D with my first and hated everything about it... it was too heavy so i had constant back ache and the handles felt really flimsy. the ventura plus car seat was really crap too had trouble fitting it into most cars i tried and was so heavy i couldnt lift it with lo in it...

this time i will need a double but also want a pram..... dont know what double to go for as i've hated most of the ones i've looked at.... and will definatley be looking for a much lighter carseat.. this pushchair business is all very stressfull lol

xx

xx
  • Hi,

I have Kaps 3 city driver off ebay and i love it, theres loads of matching accessories and a car seat available good price too.
    I got pink and navy its rear and forward facing, it is large tho but does fit in the boot of my car (ford mondeo)
    Everyone always comments on it cos its really different!!
    Nicola
  • i had the silvercross 3d for my ds and i'm sorry but i hated it too. it broke 3 times and i too was left crying at the shops as i couldn't fold it.

i ended up returning it 3 times- the final time i told the woman in the shop i wasn't taking it home and took in 15 pages of complaint from the internet about it breaking.

she gave me a silvercross pop (which is ok) and a silvercross cruiser in exchange- the cruiser was so bulky- i have it on gumtree at the min for free but no one wants it!

• i had the silvercross 3d for my ds and i'm sorry but i hated it too. it broke 3 times and i too was left crying at the shops as i couldn't fold it.

i ended up returning it 3 times- the final time i told the woman in the shop i wasn't taking it home and took in 15 pages of complaint from the internet about it breaking.

she gave me a silvercross pop (which is ok) and a silvercross cruiser in exchange- the cruiser was so bulky- i have it on gumtree at the min for free but no one wants it!

• I would never buy another silvercross product again!! Thought silvercross were meant to be really good- thats partly why we got it. have to say we did get ours when it first came out, and i know theres quite a few things that have supposedly improved on it since we got ours. Katie- i also love the changing bag, still use it all the time and my lo is 2 1/2, but we had to buy ours separatly, with the cosytoes, and stupid stupid parasoul umbrella thing that never stayed up!!! - think now they all comes with the pram?? i do love the car seat though, never had any probs with ours- i know what you mean about having to take the hood off- seems stupid. Not that i have to worry about that now, as oh left hood on top of car, and drove off with it on roof!! it fell off and got run over! LOL
    xxx
  • I think each silver cross pram is different though I have not really had any bad feed back on the one I would like I have looked all over the places for reviews the silvercross 3d does not seem that good and even when I tried to push it, it was very heavy and bulky.

K xx
    17+3
  • I think each silver cross pram is different though I have not really had any bad feed back on the one I would like I have looked all over the places for reviews the silvercross 3d does not seem that good and even when I tried to push it, it was very heavy and bulky.

K xx
    17+3
  • The silvercross linear chasis is much better...so much easier to push my friend has one....i'm considering getting the linear sleepover but still not 100% sure...

xx
    21+2