Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

So tired and don't know what to do

Hey guys!

I am a nurse and 12+1 pregnant!! I am so tired and feel like I could sleep for a week. I have already taken a couple of days off since I have found out I was pregnant (once when had severe pain and was admitted to hospital and turned out to be a cyst and once when I had major dizzy spell just before I was meant to leave for work). I am not 'sick' as such so don't like to call in and say I am not coming in. I am supposed to start a run of three night shifts tonight and feel like I could just cry. My manager is usually very good but only if it suits the ward to allow time off (but with the NHS these days that isn't very often. HELP!!!

imageimage

Replies

• Options
    Thanks for your reply. No I haven't had risk assessments done at work yet as my manager has been off for a week and before that never got a chance to get round to it!!
    I have talked to my manager about not doing nights and it was a 'just see how it goes' kind of attitude.
    I don't feel like I can approach my Dr and just feel a fraud taking time off sick for being tired.
  • Options
    I felt like a bit of a fraud for being signed off sick from work - but the way i see it is that my body needs to do what it needs to do, and if the doctor didn't think i should be signed off, he wouldn't do it, and who knows better, me or him?! You need to do what's best for you and be a bit selfish hun xxx
  • Options
    i can relate i work in the NHS too and do shifts and nights kill me at the mo, i will get signed off them at 28 wks and as im only 10 thats a long way to go. i just makes sure i rest when i can and eat well to keep energy up,im suffering from nausea too so being tired amkes nausea worse.