Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Just out of interest...

How long did it take for you to get your BFP?? Im on month 1 and so impatient lol!

xx
:\)

Replies

• Hi,
    Don't want to put a dampener on it but you asked the question, so, I got mine on month 14, lost him at 27wks, got another BFP on month 23, had an early mc and now got another BFP on month 25 and i'm 8+3 now. OH and I have also had all the tests we can have and there is nothing physically wrong with either of us. Good luck and hope you get your BFP soon, ttc is not a good place for the impatient i'm afraid xx
  • Ta hun hopefully i will. I am going to try not to ov test too much and just BD every other day. Have you any tips? x
  • We took 5 months to fall pregnant. Try not to get too worked up about it... that is my advice! It seems to happen when you are relaxed!!
  • It took us 3 months, then I had a MMC then it took about 3 months. First time I got pg we just tried to BD as much as possible, second time (when I was a tinsy bit obsessed with getting pg again) we BD'd 39 times in that cycle (I know as for some reason I recorded each time in my diary!)...knackering but it worked! I didn't use OV tests as couldn't figure them out!!

xxx
    34+1
  • Sorry for your loses Dotty Jackie.Good luck with your pregnancy. I will try not to get worked up it will happen when it happens. xx
  • We were very lucky and got our BFP after 2 months of trying, had our 12 week scan this week and all is well.

Best of luck xx
  • 7 months and caught on the month we did it every other day around ovulation

good luck and baby dust xxxxxxx

• First month (sorry). We kind've followed the Sperm Meets Egg Plan and fell really lucky and were very, very surprised

Fingers Crossed for you

xxx
  • We fell on 1st month of trying but had an early MC, then we fell on month 6 but again another MC. Then fell the 1st month I had AF again and currently 33+6. Easier said than done but try not to get too stressed about it. All of the times we fell were when we had convinced ourselves that we wouldn't.
    Good luck

xxx
  • We weren't officially trying and my cycles were still messed up after being on the pill, but going by the sort-of periods I did have I fell pregnant for the first time on month 2.

Pregnancy no.2 was a very welcome surprise - I was still breastfeeding and had only just got any semblance of a cycle back, and we weren't exactly at it like rabbits (or even doing it at the right time of the month, or so I thought).

I know I've been very lucky - hope the wait isn't too long and anxious for you.
  • We fell on 1st month but I had come off pill 6 months earlier so not sure if that helped at all but had got regular cycles by then. Bubs is due to make an appearance in next few weeks! Good luck....
  • month 17, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i had 2 mc in that time too.
  • It took me just over the year, but i have PCOS and it was only on my 4th cycle as dont have regular cycles.

Hales x

14+4
  • It was our 12th month of trying, there is def no recipe for this TTC lark, like the other girls said try to relax as much as possible, it was our 2nd month of using CBFM x
  • Just echoing what some of the others have said, but I got pg at 14 months because I started to use OPK's and the following 2 were both a result of the "Sperm meets egg plan" (link below), I would highly recommend it, although it can take some of the fun out of trying!! Really hope you get a BFP soon, as you've seen we're all very different xx

http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
  • Hiya, it took 2 months this time but the first was over a year and i was much younger, go figure! Good luck and i know its useless to say but try and chill! xx
  • Took us about 18 months and were just about to be referred for IVF.

Ruth: 39 times?????! :lol: I think we managed 3.9 times (which might explain why it took so long!)

K 33+5 x
  • Second month of trying, and am now 24+5. We didn't do anything special or time ovulation or conciously BD at the 'right' times or anything - we just let nature take its course and were very very lucky.