Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Avent microwave sterilisers - advice please x

Hi Girls! Hope ur all ok! Right, with only 2 weeks to go till baby is here, i have been having a 'test run' with all things baby related and i just need ur advice.....

I have got one of the avent microwave sterilisers and it says to add 200ml water (which is all good) but does anyone know if u have to use sterilising fluid or tablets with it as well? it might be a silly question but im just not sure!!!! advice please!!!

Lots of love

K & Bump x x x :\)

Replies

• Options
    No I don't think you do. Sterilising fluid/tabs are really just for cold water sterilisers. x
  • Options
    oh no! i have stocked up!!! LOL x x x
  • Options
    Hi babyboo 1,
    Just add the 200ml water and nothing else!
    Like all steam sterlisers, they only need water. Only cold water sterlising needs fluid or tablets.
    Good luck over the next two weeks - bet you're really excited now for baby to arrive!!!
    Take care hun Sarah xx
  • Options
    Hi babyboo 1,
    Just add the 200ml water and nothing else!
    Like all steam sterlisers, they only need water. Only cold water sterlising needs fluid or tablets.
    Good luck over the next two weeks - bet you're really excited now for baby to arrive!!!
    Take care hun Sarah xx
  • Options
    Well you can use them for sterilizing toys(I didn't but maybe if you get some given you second hand), cleaning vetc so don't worry you will use them
  • Options
    Don't worry about it, I think you can use them anyway to keep it clean....although don't quote me on that! If you want to get rid though....good old ebay!
  • Options
    good old e-bay for everything!!! thankyou for your advice i really appreciate it! not long to go now tho.... it seems sad that i wont be on here everynight having a good old chin wag!!! x