Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

checks over xmas

im sure this is a slightly premature question.. im 36 wks xmas eve and looking at notes am due to have check then, asuming my gp and hosp clinics will be closed from then possibly up to news years,how would i have my check? has anyone been in this situation, am just curious as to when i would have it esp as technically i am term-ish and could go into laour anytime from then.

Replies

• I know when I was expecting no1, I had a check due a bank holiday Monday and they came to the house. probably worth checking with the MW at your next appt just to put your mind at rest
  • Xmas eve isn't a bank holiday so your appointment should be fine. GP, MW and clinics will be open in btwn xmas & new year..... You can always contact the ward if you have any problems over the b/h :\)
  • actually just check my diary, 1m 36 wks on 27th dec. i will check with my gp when i make next appt
  • I have this problem with my 20 week scan...MW said I will either have it earlier and it which case they won't tell us the sex or they will try and do it after but baby may be to big!? so I don't know where we stand.
  • It might not be a problem, I had my 12 week scan on New Years eve last year!
  • My mum's a midwife and she often works on Christmas day/new year's day etc. I know where she is they do house visits and clinics on Christmas eve and then open again the day after boxing day. I'm sure they'll have it covered.
  • My mum's a midwife and she often works on Christmas day/new year's day etc. I know where she is they do house visits and clinics on Christmas eve and then open again the day after boxing day. I'm sure they'll have it covered.
  • this will be routine check with gp, so i will check with them.
  • I'm 36wk on xmas day but my mw only does a Monday clinic so it should be fine for me xxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/IvyMp1/.png