Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Do you think everything is ok?

2»

Replies

• I never said you shouldn't do it, and I have read the other post about your SIL so I do understand why you are doing it, I just said in my mind it is a touch neurotic doing a test weekly.

Ya not harming me or anyone else like you say so carry on if it helps. I was simply expressing an opinion on the matter.

But admitting to laughing at us as well? Sorry this has really pissed me off, who are you pass judgement? You might also be interested to know that if you suffer from anxiety it can be made worse during pregnancy
  • Paranoid and neurotic we are, then! I think you've hit the nail bang on the head, Elsbeth (though I'm a bit surprised that on a forum of pregnant women you'd word it quite so strongly) - it's not going to make me stop testing, though, even in the knowledge that a mmc will still show as a +ive.

As for worry not being good for the baby - tell me something I don't know! If I could switch it off I would in an instant - anyone know the magic words?
  • I think she was laughing at the opinions expressed about her, not about all of you. We are all supposed to be friends here, so why argue? xxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev287pf___.png

• OK, maybe I shouldn't have said I was laughing at you, I was more laughing at the idea of testing weekly.

I am not going to appologise for my opinion and I also won't say sorry for pissing you off.
    I wasn't passing judgement on you personally ffs, I was simply saying that I personally thought each week was a touch extreme and that maybe I could understand monthly.

Personally I don't care how often you feel the need to piss on a stick, if it keeps you secure then that is all well and good.
    Yes I also know anxiety can be worsened in pregnancy, fuck knows i am anxious enough right now about the safety of my own baby due to problems of my own and that is causing me enough anxiety.

You do what you need to do for your own piece of mind, makes no difference to me at the end of the day.
  • The problem with me pink, is I have this tendancy to just say what I think.
    We are pregnant not dying and if we can't handle another pregnant woman thinking something we are doing is mad then we have some major problems.
    There are no magic words to stop the worry, it is constant chick, and it doesn't go till the baby is safely in your arms. I am on NO3 and I still worry, but worrying makes problems worse so trying not to helps.
    Maybe i am just too tough for my own good sometimes. If that fucks people off then that is just one of them things. I won't apologise for who or how I am.
  • Well maybe thinking before your fingers hit the keys might be helpful? There is nothing wrong with saying what you think, but abit of tact goes a long way. I know I'm paranoid and anxious, don't need you pointing it out.
  • so ignore me then. Like i said I say what I think that is me and nothing will ever change.
    Tact is not my thing i am sorry to say, I call a spade a spade.

Also I wasn't just aimng it at you, I was aiming the coment to anyone doing it.
    I know how it feels to be so worried about losing a baby. I wasn't meant to be having this one and I am shit scared of what is going to happen, esp with what is going on now so I do understand the anxiousness I really do. I am just a firm believer in what will be will be.
  • You are entitled to your opinion Elsbeth, and as I said above I think you're right, really. We are anxious and we are paranoid (I draw the line at having "major problems" though!! :lol: ) I think the way you expressed yourself is what caused offence.

The trouble is, prefacing what you say with "I always say what I think & I won't apologise for who I am" doesn't excuse rudeness, and it doesn't mean you can say whatever you like and be exempt from the normal rules of polite dialogue. It's a bit like saying "no offence but...." and then coming out with something really offensive.

Anyway, if you're willing to I think we should probably drop it now we've all had our say.
  • hey girlies. just come across this topic and although it has nothing to do with me at all, i think its very harsh what elsbeth has said, if you want to paos to make yourself feel more confident then you should image i fully understand why people do that. my lo is now 5 months but while is pregnant with her i was full of worry. even when she went an hour or two without kicking. its what mums and mums to be do. we worry! take care x