Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bleeding

Well Last night I went to the loo and had a bit of blood on the tissue, it is still the same this morning. I have had nothing show up on my underwear as yet but I am worried. I rang the mw last night and left a message for her to call me this morning. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Sarah

Replies

• hi sarah, i had a little bit of bleeding at the start of my preg. How far along are you? Apparantly its quite common for it to happen during the time when your period would usually be due. It also is nothing to worry about if its brown,old blood, and even if it isnt, something as simple as sex can make you bleed a little, but the blood tends to come from the cervix rather than 'inside'. Im sure you'll be fine, but if you get ANY pains, go straight to your GP. Goodluck.xxxx
  • Thanks Sarah, I am 7 weeks 6 days so If I was due to get a period it would be tomorrow as I am a 28 dayer. I have spoken to the mw and she has told me to go for a scan as I am getting some stomach aches. I am just waiting for the Dr to call me back to arrange a time. I don't know how I will get there as my husband my mum and my step mother in law are the only people that know and they are all at work and can't get away.

Sarah
  • Hi Sarah, I just want to say that I really hope things are ok with you and all is well. Let us know how you get on at your scan and what the result was. Hopefully everything will be fine. Im definitley thinking of you right now! Clo xx ;\)
  • hi Sarah
    I had bleeding at 8 weeks and am also a 28 day-er. My body had been used to periods for 17 years but had only been pregnant for 8 weeks - is it any wonder it takes a while to stop the old routine?! I know exactly what you're going through. Bleeding doesn't always mean it's the worse news but it is shocking - i'm now 27 weeks. Good luck.x