Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
MadeForMums is on TikTok!
Find and follow us here!

Backache in early pregnancy

Hiya ladies
Just wondering if anyone else had backache in early pregnancy? I'm 11 weeks +3 and have no bump really yet but am getting terrible lower back pain making me walk funny! I thought backache only occured later in pregnancy from carrying the extra weight around? I may have done a bit much this weekend and worn myself out but just wondered if backache is normal?
MrsS2B

Replies

• I'm only 5 weeks - and i have been having backache, everyday for the last week and a half. A couple of times i've been tempted to take paracetamol, but so far managed to cope without it. It usually eases off if I move about though.

• My back has been sore too- I was really starting to worry beofre seeing this coz I had kidney problems in my last pregnancy and some of the pain was in my back. I am approx 13+1 so it is good to hear that others have been experiencing this in the early stages too.
  • I am a mobile hairdresser and my back has been getting a bit sore already, im 15+5 and thought id be okay until later on image

The prob i have is leaning over bath to wash hair, people sitting on low chairs etc and obviously i have alot of equipment to carry so dreading when i cant manage anymore image

My clients have been good i have to admit , by helping me in and out with my bag, trolley etc, but i hate asking for help, so want to try get on as normal for as long as poss. Stubborn i know, but well.... lol

Sharon x