Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TMI - Diarrhoea before labour?

Hi ladies,

hope none of you are reading this eating your lunch! it's not the most pleasant of topics! :/

Just wondered if any of you had bouts of diarrhoea before you went into labour? I've had really bad diarrhoea and a dodgy stomach on and off for a week now, i know im not sick and don't have a bug or anything because i feel perfectly fine and some days i don't have it and other days i do. so im sure it's preg related somehow..

If you did have this before labour, how soon before? I am due in 19 days... hoping and praying baby comes early and that this is a sign but i think it's just wishful thinking on my part! :/

Replies

• I didn't it get bad, but did go a lot before having my son, a day or two before my waters broke, not almost three weeks image
  • think im just clutching at straws! im sure its baby related but doubt it means anything will happen any time soon! :/ x
  • i was sick and had dioharreah image but i was in active labour, luckily it was at home before we went to the hosp x
  • I had dioharreah in active labour too, luckily it was while at home before I got to hospital.
  • me too ilovecupcakes! Beeing feeling really rubbish today - everything just goes through me,

(37 +4)
  • I had this last week, but not this week. I too didnt feel unwell and hadnt eaten anything different but it hasnt amounted to anything and i'm back to normal now! Doh!
  • ooooh some more junie babies making an appearance soon!?!? image
    xx
  • I also wondered this as I've had it for the last week or so, along with back ache! My midwife said yesterday that it could be the iron tablets that I'm on as they have different effects on everyone...
    I'm 36w tomorrow and convinced its going to come early!

i have the backache too!..x
  • Im exactly the same as you ilc ill feel fine then all of a sudden have to run to the toilet which is unusual as i have been constipated this whole pregnancy up till now i also have backache and period pains but i dont think its labour just my body gearing up which could still take a few weeks hope not though
    leanne 37+1
  • I think there is a bit of a tummy thing going round to be honest... As a few ppl I know have had it... Hope it is a sign for you though! x
  • I was the opposite and couldnt go!! Couldnt wee either even know i had the urge to do both!! It was so frustrating but i think it was more pressure down below making me feel like that rather than actually needing to go xx