Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

wedding invite, can i go?

Ok so we have been invited to a wedding on 24th October and im due 10th November. Thing is the wedding is 1 & half hours away so will probably stay over. It is also over an hour to my hospital, however the nearest hospital is 45 mins away but i dont want to give birth there.

Can i go to a wedding that close to giving birth? And if so what the hell am i going to wear as ill be the size of a house??

xcx
25+2

Replies

• I'd go if it were me image

I went to a wedding about 5 weeks before my edd and wore an A-line dress that came in tight under the boobs and just flowed down over the bump to the knees. It wasn't maternity, it was just Dorothy Perkins.

I looked like a house but I was comfortable! Good luck finding something, if you do decide to go.
  • Personally I would go, we could spend the last month of our pregnancies putting our lives on hold in case baby arrives early but realistically it is far more common for bubba to arrive late.

As for what to wear, surely it's a great excuse for a new dress?!

xx
  • Go! I agree with GLK - excuse for a new dress!image Plus, if you're staying over somewhere and you get a bit over tired you can go and have a rest/early night. x x x

Em 23+3 x x x
  • I am going to one on Friday next week and staying over, but it is only half hour from home, and then one 4 days before due date, but to that one we are going to the ceremony and the evening do, as I did not thing it was fair if anything happens not to be able to go and our dinners be paid for and wasted. That one is in the Lakes, so at least an hour and a half away, but I have found the nearest hospital and will put the notes in the car.

We are also going to Kendal Torchlight festival on 12th Sept, when baby could be only days old, life is not stopping just because we are having a baby, obviously if I am not up to it we will give it a miss, but a t the moment that is the plan!

Bets XxX

36 +1

• I am in a similar situation - however, I have been asked to me the (only) bridesmaid! It will be about 2/3 weeks before my due date - what would all you girls do??? x
  • thanks girls, i was hoping you would all say to go as i really want to get a nice dress and be the pregnant wife. ironically the wedding is exactly a year after we got married so its quite funny being ready to give birth! Hubby has already been saying to the groom - this time next year matey and all that!

I guess it will also give me something to look forward to other than giving birth.
    When do you think i can safely start dress shopping, i mean how much will i grow from say 32 weeks to 37 weeks?

xcx
    25+2
  • I'm going to a wedding 2 weeks before my due date. Am really worried about it as it's over an hour from home but I don't want to miss out either. No idea what I will wear. I seem to be bigger by the day at the moment!

x 34+2
  • I'm due in just 9 days and I am going to a wedding this weekend! I don't feel like baby is going to make an appearance any time soon so I'm quite happy to go. I will be bringing my notes and bag just incase! I'm going to be wearing this dress http://www.bloomingmarvellous.co.uk/product.aspx?CategoryID=maternity&ProductID=12981&language=en-GB
    It's co comfy yet cut very well so I don't look like a big tent! (Well I hope not!) xxx

Cat 38+5
  • Hey hun,
    I'm going away to a wedding when i'll be 35 weeks and i also have to travel - 3 hours away!!!
    I'd say go though, good excuse to by a dress and enjoy yourself!
    xx
    30+5
  • I'm going to my best friends wedding at 37wks. Was meant to be bridesmaid (had the dress all ready! However it has been decided that i will just be a guest now so the dress is ready to be sold.

We will be taking my notes and things with us but hopefully baby won't make an early appearance.

Haven't though of what to wear yet, should start looking really!
  • I went to a wedding at 38+1 and had my baby 5 days later lol i wore a normal size 10 dress that was loose over my bump and its something i can wear again!! i didnt get it until a couple of days before thho to make sure it would fit lol
    xx
  • One of my best friends is getting married on 13th February and i'm due 15th Feb, the wedding is 3-4 hours drive away - i'm worried this will be cutting it fine

what do you think?