Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

My BFP has gone UPDATE

Hi ladies,

Need a bit of help if you have time. I got my BFP a few days ago on both First Response and a ClearBlue Digital.

I have done a cheap ebay HPT this afternoon and there is no line at all. What does this mean? Am I going to lose my pregnancy?

Im hanging onto the hope that an ebay one with afternoon pee is less accurate. Can anyone give me any advice? I've done a bit of googling and it doesn't sound good.

XXXX

Hi everyone,

Sorry not to write earlier, didn't mean to keep you all in suspense!

Did another CBD this morning with FMU and saw the dreaded words - NOT PREGNANT. Made an appointment with the doctors and she said that HPT are the terrible for women trying to pregnant as they are so sensitive and pick up the tiniest of hormones which can turn out like mine. She offered another urine test and bloods but I said no. Think the CBD told me all I needed to know.

My period is just starting now. Feel awful but so much better than yesterday. Hubby was great, so understanding. At least we know that my egg and his sperm are meeting. Doc said we can try again this month, no need to wait.

Thanks for your concern though, it really touched me. Hopefully I'll be back next month x

;\)

[Modified by: LA79 on 29 January 2009 16:01:06 ]

Replies

• Oh LA79 I dont know what to say. I dont know much about all the different tests but didnt want to r&r. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Good luck xx

Lindsay xx
  • Hi Hun,
    dont loose hope jsut yet. It might not have been as sensitive. maybe try another one tomorrow with FMU?

xxx
  • Hi LA79,

I'd test again with a FR or CBD, the internet cheapies are a bit hit and miss I think, my internet cheapies were still giving me neg. the same day a CBD gave me Preg 1-2 so I wouldn't panic. xxxx
  • Wooooooo! I might be able to help!!!

Ok I posted the exact same thing when I got my BFP....

I got BFP on 8DPO on FR
    on 9DPO I got 3 more BFP on FR and a CBD 1-2 weeks

Tesco BFN
    BootsBFN
    Internet Cheapie BFN

10DPO - Tesco and Boots v v v vfaint line

not until 12DPO did I get BFP on intenet cheapie and that was after 5 mins, only on 16DPO did it get any darker

Now at 5 weeks it is darker than control line.

Please dont worry, just do another FR or CBD if you are worried xxx
  • I never got my BFP on the cheap internet ones until I was 16dpo, I got my BFP at 11dpo on FR so try not to worry

xxx

• I've just done a FR and nothing. Not even a shadow.

I've had a chemical pregnancy haven't I? Cant stop crying, feel so sad. Me and hubby were talking about how we are going to tell our parents. I feel so stupid. I knew it was too good to be true.

Don't know what to do, do I go to the doctors and tell them?
  • Im not sure what exactly a chemical pregnancy is hunny but i would defo go and see your doctir to be checked and explain what has happened.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • The only positive I got on a 'cheap' test was Sainsbury's and even then it was REALLY faint. My strong BFPs were all on Clearblue (normal and digital) or First Response. Personally, I don't trust the cheaper ones but that's me!

Don't lose hope and stay positive - get down and see your Dr ASAP and ask them to get you in for some blood tests.

Best wishes
    Joo xxxx
  • i hope everything is ok hun. take care xxx
  • Hi

This happened to me in October, so I really feel for you.

My GP sent me to the EPU to get checked over and to confirm one way or the other. Unfortunately we had lost our baby.

On a happier note, I fell pregnant again in November and I am now 12 weeks.

Sam x
  • Have you done another test this morning hun? Could be that last nights one was neg because it wasn't FMU. Fingers crossed for you. x
  • Good luck hun hope everything is OK let us know youre alright xxx

• hey hun, i hope everything works out ok xxx
  • Hwy Sweetie, how are you doing? have you done another test with FMU?

xx
  • Im so sorry hun hope to see you back here real soon

xxx
  • soooooooooo sorry . keep trying and we'll hopefully see u on here soon

chaxx
    15/5days
  • aww sorry huni but aleast u seem alil better today! good luck ! hope u get ur bfp very soon!
    luv clare
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev185pr___.png

• so sorry to hear that, hope you will be joining us again very soon with your bfp image xxx
  • Awww honey i'm so sorry! I had the exact same thing about 3 months before i fell with this baby, and at the time just thought FR were rubbish and gave false positives. It was only later on when i said something about it in passing to my midwife and she told me it was probably a chemical pregnancy. I was so upset, so i understand how you feel. try not to dwell on it too much, i know thats easy for me to say, but you will get your BFP soon i'm sure of it, and it will be an extra sticky one. Sending you big hugs xxxxxxxxx