Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Varicose Veins in privates

Hi, not a particularly nice subject but I think I have got Varicose Veins in my Vulva over the weekend. Have really bad one's in my legs and was warned I might get them in my privates but still feel really p'd off about it. 33 weeks gone on my second child and just feeling really uncomfortable today. sorry to moan. Anyone else got them ? Shoudl I be doing anything about it or just put up with it ? :cry:

Replies

• Thanks Chibi. Looked at the website and it has put my mind at ease. Feeling much better today - not so weepy at the thought of being 'abnormal' !! Slept with my feet elevated last night and that seems to have helped loads too.
  • hi there. i have also got a vulvaric varicose vein. i got with my first pregnancy and now on my 5th. yes it is very painful and it throbs especially when i walk. and as i have got bigger it is playing up. i am now 37 weeks. my midwife suggested putting a pad in the fridge and then applying it to the area or those gel filled pads you can put in the fridge for
    after the birth are very good as well as they help to reduce the swelling of the vein.
    take care.xx