Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

stretchmarks??

ok i may be stressed and gainin a little weight around my waist , but i have no belly yet ive jst gotten out of the bath and nearly fainted. I have scratch like strechmarks at the side of my waist. then again i little line has started to creep up my belly its darker than the rest of my skin as im quite pale, but this line is nearly as dark as my mixed race OH. and it looks nothing like the strecthmarks. they are just red line which looks like they are giong to bleed i dont understand how can you get strechmarks before you even start having a bump and my skin isnt tight its lose around my belly. my stomach isnt hard or tight so im reallly confused.
OH is sitting here saying the baby dont like my color and wants me to be darker like he will be. I know that cant happen but why is it changing my belly color?
It looks so weird. im glad my oh finds it funny.

Replies

• hi is the darker line up the front/middle? you get a darker line like this and this is normal... i think it is called linea nigra (i might have spelled it wrong) it is usually right up the front tho so if what you have is different then maybe its something else...i dont have it yet this time, but i did get it last time and cant remenber how many weeks i was when i first got it.....pregnancy does change your skin pigment tho, so prob nothing to worry about, but if you are worried ask your midwofe x

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;29/st/20080523/dt/5/k/1ec5/preg.png