Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

When did you go to the doc/mw

If you've read my other post you will have seen that i had a miscarry at 7-8wks, i'll be 6 wks tomorrow and haven't yet been to confirm this with the doc. I really want to, to get the ball rolling!!! lol thats what i'll be if i get as big as i normally do!!
When did you go to the docs to confirm your pregnancy or haven't you been yet?

I was thinking off waiting til 12wks but that seems ages away though.

michelle xx

Replies

• Michelle I didnt go this time til I was 8 weeks coz I went earlier with Zara & they told me to come back at 8 weeks if everything was ok which wasnt really what wanted to hear at the time.

If you feel like going now though I would coz like you say hopefully it will get the ball rolling for you

xx
  • Hi,

I went @ 5 weeks as soon as I found out! I'm 8+3 now!

I think you should go sooner, because you should be having your scan @ 12 weeks!!

Vikki x
  • I went to the doctors at 8 weeks saw the midwife at 11 weeks and had my scan at 12 weeks, but with you having a miscarriage you might want to go earlier for peace of mind.

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev003pr___.png

• I was thinking going early might be best cos they might want to book me for an early scan or something but i'm worried that it will all happen again. Stupid thing is that it probably won't because i've had 4 babies and it was probably 'one of those things' but it's scary and i'm too nervous!!!
  • I dont know how hard it is for someone who has lost a baby at any stage not to worry when they become pregnant again, but all I can say is take each day as it comes and get yourself booked in as like you say they may scan you early. There is never going to be an easy time for a pregnant lady whether it is your 1st or your 5th lost a baby or not you are always going to worry be scared the feelings are never ending take care.

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev003pr___.png

• Go early & say to them that youre feeling anxious due to what happened & hopefully you'll get an early scan to put your mind at ease. If your GP's surgery is anything like ours it could take a week or a week & a half to get an appointment anyway xx
  • i am 7+1 with my first and i registered at my gp on monday. i was told the doctor would not see me and the first appt i needed ws a midwife at 8weeks.

i then tried to book in for thursday next week and the first avail slot will be 9+1. so apart from the three pg tests i have done there is nothing to say i am pg at all.

i've had no sickness at all - just thirsty, big boobs and sore boobs and some niggles downstairs. but it all feels very surreal to be honest.!!!!!

but if you are worried or have had previous mcs they do see you and do scans at early pregnancy units so i would at least go and talk through your concerns

me? i have to sit and wait patiently which is not somethign i'm known for!!! lol!
  • My docs always book you in with mw at 9 weeks (but only on a Wednesday). I'm supposed to get a scan at 11 weeks - but there won't be much time to book it so hoping that they know what they're doing.
    They refuse to do an early scan (Hosp rules not docs) unless you've had 3 mc.