Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

what does everyone think of............

:\)Hi just wondered what everyone thinks of the names isaiah or judah for a boy or tahlia for a girl???? honest opinions please as im totally baby brained at the mo and just cant decided if they are totally naff or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my other kids are called joshua jade and asher. thanks for your thoughts

Replies

• I really like Tahlia for a girl, it sounds pretty. Not sure how you would say Isaiah? xx
  • I LOVE Isaiah - it was on our shortlist but we went for Isaac instead.

Tahlia is pretty too.

xx
  • i like tahlia and Judah, ot sure if Isaiah sounds a bit too girly as a boys name tho, very similar sounding to keziah. x
  • I agree that Judah sounds too much like Judas for my liking but love Isaiah and don't think it sounds girly but I think it may be just that i am used to knowing boys with that name.

I like Tahlia.

I love Jonah, Noah, Jude, Isaac, Jacoob, Ethan...I just love hebrew names!
  • I love Tahlia and Isaiah not sure about Judah
  • My best friend is called Thalia (Turkish way of spelling it) so i'm slightly biased there but it's such a gorgeous name. Isaiah is also very lovely - lovely unusual sounding names
    xx
  • love thalia and Isaiah not keen on Judah (cos of the Judas connection) but like Jude for a boy or girl x
  • Sorry if this sounds stupid but I've never heard of 'Isaiah' before and so I have no idea how to pronounce it correctly. Not sure if thats something you are considering?

I agree with what everyone else has said about 'Judah' and I also like Jonah as an alternative. Tahlia is very nice too.

• thanks everyone. yes i really love all the hebrew names too. looks like judah may be out the window tho as everyone all has the same opinion about it sounding like judas. thanks for your opinions and taking the time to share them xxx
  • I agree with the others, judah just made me instantly think of judas but love the other two xx
  • They are nice hun, not tacky or too "weird"