Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How many...?

Hi all

Hope everyone has had a lovely christmas.

I have just been in the nursery to look at what we already have for baby and I am looking for some guidance on if we have enough/not enough of things so here goes:

Nappies

I have 78 nappies in 4 - 11lbs
36 nappies in 6 - 13 lbs
62 nappies in 9 -15lbs
I am thinking that is enough nappies for now (we have huggies, sainsburys and pampers). Would you agree?

Breast pads

Currently I have 90 breast pads - 50 tommee tippee closer to nature ones and 40 tesco ones. Shall I stock up on more. Is there any brand that is better than others?

Muslin Squares

I have 9 muslin squares - do you think I could do with getting more?

Short sleeve body suits

We have 11 short sleeve body suit/vests. Is that enough? Am I right in thinking these go under babys clothes (sorry for sounding stupid!)

Sleepsuits

We have 5 sleepsuits. I am guessing this is not enough so if not how many more do you think I need?

Pram coat/snow outfit

I have just 1 of these. Do I need more and if so how many. Baby is due 1st Feb

We also have 14 bibs, 1 pair of soft shoes, 3 pairs of scratch mits, 2 dummies and two hats - would you recommend more of any of these or have we got enough?

Going to do a whole separate post for bedding as I am even confuddled with that!

Thanks for your help!

Catherine
35+1

[Modified by: Mrs Calopa on 29 December 2009 15:40:30 ]

Replies

• Options
    wow u are organised! id advice to get loads more breast pads, i used loads and i wansn even breast feeding! re clothes ect im not sure but sounds as though u have plenty! bet your excited xx
  • Options
    Get more muslins! We went through oodles of them, they are so useful for so many things!

How many more sleepsuits etc depends on whether you have a tumble drier, I guess - I would probably get at least 12 sleepsuits in total.
  • Options
    Thanks girls x
  • Options
    Mrs C, someone said stock up on breastpads, which yes you will go through loads but i found i really didnt like some brands so i just bought one box at a time and tried them till i found the ones i liked best. The same goes for nappies, dont buy too many of the same size or make until you see which ones you like.

With clothes etc, people will buy you things like vests/babygrows so i think youve got enough just now. You dont know how big baby is going to be either, i found with both my kids the babygrows i had in newborn/0-3 month size were huge and i ended up buying some tiny baby size at first and the same with outfits.

Def agree with the muslins tho, aniother pack wouldnt go amiss

Gemm x
    35+4
  • Options
    I have two lo's one with severe reflux and havent used a single muslin - I much preferred having a bib (or two) on lo. I'd thus say you need a few more bibs

I also made sure I had at least 14 body suits and sleepsuits, as if baby throws up it means you arent having to do 3 washes a day...
    I'd say you'll need another snowsuit, again incase baby throws up...

xx

[Modified by: MummyStephe on December 30, 2009 12:31 PM]

• Options
    We had a very sicky baby and used to put a muslin underneath a bib as she used to soak her clothes so much. I think another snowsuit for when one is in the wash too. Good luck. xxx