Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Should i be worried...

I THINK i may of lost some of my plug yesterday....well im sure of it, it was like 2 huge lumps of jelly when i wiped - no blood in it though. Ignored it but all last night i was up, kept feeling very wet dowstairs and baby was thrashing about throughout the night - in the end i got up and went downstairs from 3am onwards! Now my bump seems to of shrunk...im measuring big for my dates (4wks ahead) but it feels weird, smaller and empty - not sure if im making sense! I really feel unsure about contacting my midwife as i dont want to burden her.....but i did have a slow leak from wk25 in my last pg which wasnt picked up til a scan at 34wks and i was induced that day! I really dont want to waste their time and im not sure if im panicking more because of what happened last time!

kim 26+2 image

Replies

• hi hun, i think if you are worrying about it you are not wasting their time. if you are getting up at 3am in the morning you must be worried. i do not think you will be burdening your midwife. take care and let us know how you get on.
    xxxxxxxxxxx
  • It is possible to loose some of the mucus plug during pregnancy but dont worry your body will produce more. I think for your own piece of mind you should contact your midwife anyway, if you had problems with your last pregnancy then they will want to check you to be sure. Good luck hun, im sure everything is fine. xxx
  • It is possible to loose some of the mucus plug during pregnancy but dont worry your body will produce more. I think for your own piece of mind you should contact your midwife anyway, if you had problems with your last pregnancy then they will want to check you to be sure. Good luck hun, im sure everything is fine. xxx
  • hi

i don't think u will be wasting ur midwives time, that is what she is paid for. if it is ur show, or u are leaking waters then it really is important that u get checked over, after all its better to be safe than sorry. if u can't get hold of ur mw then give ur labour unit a call especially as u have a history of ur waters leaking, please go and get looked over and let us know how u get on.

take care

xx30+0