Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant for the first time!

Hi, I'm 11wks pregnant with my first baby and so far have been feeling fine.
I'v had no sickness, I did have period type pains for about 4wks and sore boobs.
Last week I had a pain in my left side which I was worried about but think it was just wind.
It's so hard every little pain makes you worry and my hubby just thinks I'm a moan.
I have got my first scan a week on friday so I'm just wishing this week away.

Did anyone else have a bump at this stage?
I'm usually size 8-10 but I'v got a bump, everyone at work has commented on it and laugh saying is there more than one in there!

Bye for now
Thanks Helen :\)

Replies

• hi i started putting on wait at about 8 weeks thats y i done a pt i started of at a size 8-10 and im now 16 weeks and a size 12 lol congratulations tho xx
  • Hi thanks for your reply.
    I'm trying hard not to eat too much more but it's so easy to use that excuse "Im eating for 2!" :lol:

Take Care
    From Helen
  • lol i know its so hard have you had any cravings yet
  • I havn't had any cravings at all, I'v been funny with food I never really fancy anything I just have to pick something and eat it.
    I havn't had many symptons really, I did 3 pregnancy tests but for the first month kept expecting to get my period, still don't believe it.
    How have you been is this your first?
    From Helen
  • yeah this is my 1st for the 6 or 7 weeks i felt realy ill was constantly being sick and sleeping and i was the same with food didnt really fancy anything so was living on crisps lol feel alot better now tho when have you got your 1st scan x
  • Hi Helen, I am pregnant with my first too! I am 23 weeks this Thursday. It goes sooooo quick. It seem like yesterday I was telling my parents I was prob. about 5 days pregnant! I remember counting down the days until my scans. My last one was my 20 week one and I found out I am having a little boy! I cant wait! Will you find out what your having? I am a size 8-10 and only JUST starting to put on some weight. I dont look very pregnant though! I have been like you - no morning sickness (only a few dodgy mornings!) and I have had no cravings at all. Been quite easy really. The only thing is I did feel really tired during the first stage but I wasnt going to bed early so that proably didnt help! I am due 8th Nov - when are you? x
  • My first scan is the 20th july, just over a week to wait.
    It's really funny I can't wait to see everything is ok but I know on the day Ill be a nervous wreck in case they tell me something bad.
    My hubby tells me off because I always look on the negative side of things.
    I won't find out what I'm having, I love surprises. My Mam keeps telling me she wants to know, shes so excited but I'v told her tough!
    I'v done that thing when you add your age to the month you conceived and that said it was a girl. My aunty also had a dream I had a girl but who knows, I dont mind what it is.

From Helen:\)

Oh due about 29th Jan but that could change slightly when I have my scan.

[Modified by: HelenNic on July 10, 2007 08:53 PM]
  • Everyone thought I was having a boy and they were right! I know what you mean - I love suprises but I had to find out! I am so inpatient! My hubby wasnt to keen on finding out but I didnt give him a choice in the matter and he is over the moon with having a boy. I think I will still be suprised and shocked when he arrives though as it just doesnt seem real. I cant wait to see him for the first time! Let us know how your scan goes. Try not to worry too much! xx
  • Hi Katherine
    I know when I go for my 20 wk scan and they ask me if I want to know I'll be very tempted to find out.
    At least when you know you can buy clothes and do the nursery.
    Who knows I might change my mind by then.
    You sound like you'v had quit a good pregnancy like me, I was hoping to be sick the first few weeks just to feel pregnant, daft I know!
    Nice talking to you I'll let you know how the scan goes, if all goes well I might go and buy a little outfit!:lol:

Take care
    From Helen
  • Hi everyone

im only 5 weeks and been feeling sick for last 4 days, sore boobs, cant eat certain foods its a nightmare but im really happy that i feel like this because my last pregnancy ended in a m/c last november so its kind of reassuring to feel pregnant, if that makes sense! Im probably going to have an early scan to see if everythings ok this time so cant wait for that!I dont know how people have so much patients lol!
    Hope everyones ok anyways.
    charlie x ;\)
  • Congratulations to you all!,

Charlie, try not to worry, have had 2 mmc and remeber midwife laughing when i said i had been feeling and being sick, she said that's because you're pregnant!

Fingers crossed for you x
  • hi everyone, I came of the pill about three weeks ago and well ive not had a period yet and I dont know if thats normal, ive experienced bloating and cramps and.i always think its just a sign my periods near but its not, how do you know.your pregnant? Im so confused about my body I was going to get the injection tomorow but now im not sure whether to acrually wait till I have a.period or not?
  • Thanks image I have had bad tummy cramps, nausea and tingling sensation in my nipples does this mean im pregnant? I took a pregnancy test the day before yesterday and it was negative ? Ive been to the doctor today and he told me that its basically a waiting game im really scared atm, im glad ur pregnancy went well for you x
  • Okay sounds like I could be then lol I dont know when to take the next test though tbh I keep feeling sick mostly at night and feel tired alot but find when I try and sleep I cant image its strange lol x
  • Aww thats great news congratulations hun, I hope I am too I just keep getting a few cramps now and.my breasts are sore I came of the pill 4 weeks ago but we had an acxident so I did a test last thursday and was neg so confused.lol x
  • They dont seem to be the nipple and my breasts themselves are sore and tender ok thanks, what were your signs ?x
  • Okay no probs, its just ive been of the pill 4 weeks and not had a period for about 1 and a half months.its weird x
  • I am 5 weeks pregnant and a first time mum, i have already experienced bloating and sore boobs, also my been getting morning sickness,  really want my bump to show so quickly, scared to tell my parents as im a young mum, whats the best way to tell them do you think???

• I'm 34 yrs old and just got married in September and have been off the pill for about a year and half.  I took my first test on monday as I realized I was 6 days late and it came back possitve.. took 5 more tests and they all came up the same.  My husband and I are really excited as we where begining to think something might be wrong with one or both of us....such a relief!  My symptoms have been, sore nipples, tiredness and mood swings.  Im looking forward to my first scan in a week and half to make sure everything is OK and I can see the little seed!  I also can not wait to show!

We have decided to tell a few friends but would like to wait until our 12 wk to tell our families.  

• Hi ladies,

You need to start a new topic so that people see it and then you should get more replies. Many people don't look if it's an older post you've commented on.

Newmummytoobe- I hope telling your parents goes well. They might need some time to get their heads around it if it's likely to be a big shock.

BabyBean - good luck at your scan. Hope all goes well.

Wishing you both a happy and healthy pregnancy. x