Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

where is your nearest city? UPDATED

Replies

• Hi Mummy Cat You have asked if Norfolk is a nice place to live, well I like it! I am not originally from Norfolk (grew up in Kent) but chose to move here once I finished uni. I was on the out skirts of London (Enfield) for uni and (only my personal opinion) did not like being in such a built up area. Most of the areas around Norwich mean you can be in either quite a green city, to the rural areas or the coast within an hour or less. Maybe i'm biased, not completely sure where Watton is but I think it would be a great move. I am proud to be bringing my children up here.
  • Hey babybooboo, glad to see a few of us in edinburgh.

Aileenh10, i live on easter road too!!! Small world eh!!!! image

Suzi 34+6 xxxx

[Modified by: Suzi*N* on January 19, 2009 07:05 PM]

• FAO of Mummycat and kyan 2012,
    I moved up here from South London about 18 months ago and have never looked back. It's a great place to bring up children, there's no congestion compared with down south, the coast line is fab and you could get a lot of house for your money (oh and one more thing, Norwich is great for shopping...v.important!!) Highly recommend it! Good luck and hope the market gets moving soon x
    I'm 38 weeks tomorrow so just an ickle bit behind you. I'm under the N&N, no home birth for me as I'm epidural all the way!! Been to MW today and am measuring 43 weeks so just a tad on the large side but they are still gonna let me go 10 days over my due date....ggggggrrrrrr. Be really funny if we were in at the same time! Keep in touch x
  • k8bimbo wow we really could be in at the same time!! Is this baby no 1? We need some sort of code in case we were to be in at the same time lol my dh has decided that i am mad now for suggesting that!!!
  • Hi kyan2012, really funny eh? This is my third (and final!) baby. I'll be the one with the biggest baby on the ward no doubt. My second was 11lb 10 oz so I'm fully prepared. Look me up on Facebook if you want and we can keep in touch through there - Kate Styles with profile pic of a bump! What about you? 1st, 2nd etc. Do you kow what you're having? All exciting stuff! x
  • Kyan2012 & K8bimbo- Thankyou both so much for your replies! Kyan2012 I Iive in Enfield!!! I don't like it though, its doesn't feel it could ever be home and i really don't want to bring my kids up in or around London. We found the home of our dreams but it was a new develpment and because of the credit crunch they stopped building! So we just have to wait and see or pray that they sell the show home!

Good luck to both of you with your upcoming birth's! And thanks again for your posts! xxx

Cat 11+2
  • Hi K8bimbo and mummy cat. I'm having baby number 3 as well! I have 2 boys 4 and 22mths we have been told that this one is going to be a little girl. What about you? I'm not on facebook so not sure that will work! My name is Holly so I will look out for Kate with a big baby!! LOL
    Wow Mummycat small world isn't it ! Where will you have baby ? My friend had hers at chase farm and they would not tell her the sex either time, either. Hope you can manage the move especially if its home of your dreams.
  • At the moment i'm booked under Chase but i haven't seen it yet so that could all change! I had my son at the North Mid which was awful. I would never go back there. I want this one to be a suprise so i'll be happy if they don't say coz hubby wants to know!

Cat xxx
  • Hi

Same as Hannah&Bay&Bump and mresvenn. My nearest city is Oxford.

Where abouts are you two ladies from in Oxfordshire? Nicki
  • I'm another London gal - I live in South East London at Canada Water. Where are you other London ladies living? If anyone is close to me I'd love to hear from you!!
  • i`m from wigan so my closest is either manchester or liverpool, both as short as they are long!!

Nina 26+2 xx
  • OMG That is so strange princess sarah will def have to meet our girls should get on.
    Is your daughter due to start school this year ok next.
    My isabelle is 4 in may x
  • Mine is London (Romford)

Sarah x x

7+3
  • Hi Chuffedbaby

Please add me to the Birmingham list, even though Im originally from Glasgow in Scotland.

Susan
    38+1
  • hi chuffed baby pleas can u add me to the london/kent list

ta muchly

xx
    32+3
  • ok ladies hopefully thats done ....and rachie ive put u at the top of the birmingham list now ok madam !!lol xxxxxxxxx
  • Don't think I added myself to this! My nearest big-ish city would be Reading, we go quite a lot for the shopping! London is also very accessibly by train but I'm a country girl at hear so avoid it if I can!!! (I used to live in the fens - Peterborough!!!)

Hubby's company is relocating so we might be moving nearer to the Croydon area - scary mary moving!!!

xxx
  • I live just outsdie of croydon joo.... woo i wont be a loner on here any more lol xxx
  • Hey laura2520, My isabelle turns four 2nd sep, she can start school this month but all the schools in Horsforth either dont have a nursery or the nursery is full so she is just on the waiting list...but she is so ready to strat mixing with other children that i will give it another couple of weeks, say till the end of feb and if shes still not got a place im going to put her into a private nursery just until a space becomes free for her at our local one.. is your isabelle in nursery? i know exactly where you live is, im just on New Road Side so its only like 5 mins away.

XxXxX
  • Hey Joo! Just had to post as i'm a Peterborough girl too! image Although now living over Birmingham way.