Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Growth Scan - Big Baby!!

Hello everyone,

I'm 35 + 6 and had a growth scan yesterday. I've been told that baby is roughly 7lb 4oz at the moment and could get to be around 9.7 - 10lb by due date (7th January). I have to go back in 2 weeks for another scan to see how the baby is getting on, if it's bigger than they expect I'm going to have to be induced. Has anyone else recently been through this? I'm sure everything will be fine but I just need a little reassurance, it's all getting a bit scary now!!!

Thanx
Sarah:\?

Replies

• was there a specific reason for you having the growth scan?? its nothing to worry about hun im sure you will be fine they will only induce you to help you from anymore pain if your little one gets any bigger as im sure the birth canal will be ascreaming by then x
  • i dont think you should put to much faith into wat they say have read on here b 4 bout them saying baby goin to be big/small and its been the oppisit i had to have a scan and baby was fine size it was just my mw tryin to get me following the line on the graph
  • I was told i was having a 9 pounder and he was 6lb 14oz, but long. So try not to worry! xx
  • Thank you for putting my mind at rest. I thought it would be nothing too much to worry about but they do tend to scare you into thinking you're having a whopper! Apparently the reason for the scan was due to my BMI and the fact I have polycystic ovaries, suppose I'll just have to sit tight and wait and see what happens?? I'm sure I'll be absolutely fine and like you say so many other people have been told the same thing and had 6,7,8lb babies. As long as baby is healthy I don't mind how big/small he is. xxx
  • ive been told im having an average size baby so hopefully it all goes well