Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Has anyone had very sharp pains early after conception?

.... together with cramping??..

.. has anyone experienced this?

Replies

• Hi there.
    Yes I had sharp pains when getting up from sitting down and cramping for a few weeks. I was sent for an early scan. They were unsure what was causing it and so had another 2 weeks later which dated me at 5 and a half weeks and we saw the heartbeat!
    I am now 12 weeks today and have my 12 week scan on Tuesday. So nervous though because these are the ONLY symptoms I have had for the entire 12 weeks!
    I still occasionally get stabbing pains but am told it is my uterus expanding!
    Good luck. xx
  • hi yeah i get these pains, went for an ealy scan last fri to see if anything was wrong (had a mmc in sept @ 12 weeks and the pains were too simlar to ignore) but to my relief the little thing was wriggling round and heart beating away, they used this as my dating scan because they could measure the baby which am not to happy about because i know come 12 weeks ill be itching for another to see everythings ok!!! im still getting pains but the nurse said alot of preg women get them in pregnancy and ill just have to wait till baby is born so they can do tests. its something wel have to put up with but i understand u must b worried, go for an early scan if you can to put your mind at ease.
    xxx
  • Hi,

I had sharp pains the day after I conceived. I also had a very heavy feeling which I thought was a bit strange!!
    The sharp pains seemed to be more towards the right side.

Hope this helps!

Amy
    33 +1 weeks xxxx
  • HELLO! YES I DID! MY DAUGHTER IS 17 MONTHS NOW BUT I HAD AN AWFUL LOT OF PAIN DURING PREGNANCY. I'D MENTION IT TO MY MIDWIFE BUT SHE'D SAY IT WAS THE LIGAMENTS AND MUSCLES STRETCHING. I HAD A VERY ACTIVE JOB AND THAT REALLY DIDN'T HELP. SOMETIMES I'D COME HOME DOUBLED UP IN AGONY AND LIE DOWN UNTIL IT SUBSIDED. BUT THE BEST THING I FOUND WAS TO USE A WHEAT HEAT PACK. I'D PUT IT IN THE MICROWAVE BEFORE LEAVING FOR WORK WHILST DRIVING AND WARM IT UP AGAIN WHEN I LEFT TO COME HOME AND DURING THE DAY AND IT REALLY HELPED.
    AFTER I HAD MY BABY I SUFFERED FROM PAINS FROM MY C SECTIN SCAR FOR A LONG TIME. HAVING HAD UMPTEEN CHECKUPS AND SWABS FOR THIS AND THAT MY GP FOUND IT WAS TRAPPED NERVES IN THE SCAR TISSUE FROM AN OLD SCAR. IF YOU HAVE HAD ANY SCARS, APPENDIX ETC, JUST GENTLY MASSAGE THE AREA WITH VITAMIN E CREAM AND THAT HELPS, TOO.
    WE'RE ALL DIFFERENT THOUGH SO YOU MIGHT FIND SOMETHING ELSE, THE HEAT PAD WAS A GODSEND THOUGH!
    TAKE CARE AND REST AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.;\)
  • i have very sharp pains on my left side checked my cervix its low soft and closed my period isnt due til the 20th my fertila days wer from the 3dr too the 9th.ive been feeling sick moody and having pains in the side and pully feelings in the front am i prego or obsessed

• Barbie 2, been 4 days sice my ovulation and I thought I was beign paranoid but I have strong quick pains that come in waves on the lower back on the left hand side only. Also the left hand side in the front feels really sensitive if I press gently. Like the pain you feel if you press on a bruised area. very wierd, not sure if I am pregnant, never felt this.