Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

my 12 week scan yesterday!

oh my god - it was just incredible! it was JUMPING everywhere and twisting and turning and just moving non stop - a real wriggler! it is quite weird that it is moving all over like that and yet I can't feel it still!

We have a fab picture to show off to everyone and I just wanted to gush about how fab it was!

Ok gush over!

Replies

• That's fab i had an emergency scan on Weds turns out i am 11+5 so have another one in two weeks my baby was lying reallystill but it's little heart was beating, it's amazing how happy you feel.

Although i was sort of in shock that the baby was there and all okay so was real quiet and the lady producing the scan asked if i was okay.

Bit jealous hope mine is wriggling in a couple of weeks!!!

Good Luck another January mummy then x
  • yep jan 15th is my due date! All my dates were confirmed as right yesterday!
  • Hi CC how are you doing?

I had my scan this week too and it was just so amazing! It made it feel properly real at last. Did you feel that way? At first it was lying still and you could see its little heart beat flickering away and then when the sonographer moved the thing around it started twisting about it was just so great.

They confirmed I was 11 weeks not 12 so my due date is now 14th Jan, just a day before you.

I have ordered some Ultrasound scan frames to put the picture in for us and the 2 sets of grandparents - I can't wait to show them!

Really glad that everything is going well with you!
  • Awwwwww thats amazing news...
    It really is overwhelming when u see ur baby for the first time isnt it!?? makes it sink in thats it really happening. (trust me though, u will know about it all the time soon when the little bugger kicks u in the ribs and turns on its head in the night!!)
    Hannah x
    38wks+2
  • didn't get to see a heart beat at all Mrs AJ cos it was moving about too much there was just no chance of seeing a thing!

Where did you get the ultrasound scan frames from?

I am just 11 weeks +5 but feeling fabulous.

Yeah it was amazing and so special - hubbie just had a massive grin on his face and we both just keep beaming at the picture. It does make it all feel a bit more real!
  • Do u think u might have a 4d scan done when ur further gone because we did, and it was out of this world!! plus u get a DVD so u can watch it again and again at home and show freinds and family...(and baby when he/she is older!!)
    Hannah xx
  • dunno - no idea if we have the money or if there is anywhere near us that does it! Like the idea of it though!
  • I am not sure about the 4D scan either, I would like to see it but don't think we can justify the expense at the moment as trying to be very very sensible about what we spend image

I got the frames from Blooming Marvellous, they didn't have any in the store in Chester but they called around and the Bath store had some so they have ordered them for me and will hopefully give me a call soon to say they are in.