Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

we'd love your help please... with a boy's name...

Replies

• Options
    We really like Rory for a wee boy and I really like Oliver too but OH not so sure. These are about the only possibilties we can remotely agree on - oh what a job. Don't know what we are having either so need to have a name ready for both and only 3 months to get him thinking to my ideas!!!

We already have a Harry and he is the only one in the area and everyone loves his name.

Have fun x

[Modified by: lynneg on April 09, 2008 11:22 AM]
  • Options
    I lurve the name Jake, but annoyingly after we decided thats what he would be called I started a new job working with A jake and and he is a complete tosser and thought it was really funny that our baby would be named "after him" so it had now changed to Kai William we also liked Kian as my name is Karoline and hubbies is Ian so we mixed them together to see what we could find lol.

C
    xx
  • Options
    I lurve the name Jake, but annoyingly after we decided thats what he would be called I started a new job working with A jake and and he is a complete tosser and thought it was really funny that our baby would be named "after him" so it had now changed to Kai William we also liked Kian as my name is Karoline and hubbies is Ian so we mixed them together to see what we could find lol.

C
    xx
  • Options
    my 2 boys are called jordan and jayden.
    jordan came about because i've always liked unisex names but then OH is a "j" too so wanted to keep all the boys in the family with a "j" but Jamie seemed a bit common and I didn't like Joe.

If Jayden was a girl, then it would have been "charley" to have "c" like me...

I did want to name him josh but one of our not so nice neighbours has a son called josh so that went totally out the window.

I also like Aiden, Ashley, still well known names but not too common...
  • Options
    Hi

I have 3 boys (and 2 girls)
    My boys are

Christopher David
    Joseph Andrew
    Charlie Jack

If Amelia who was born 6 weeks ago had been a boy she would have been Louis Robert.

I also love

Robbie
    Will
    Harry
    Nicky
    Alex
    Oliver

I dont find that Charlie is common at all. infact I only know 2 other charlies. Christopher has been a really great name. Not too common but suits baby and boy. My son is nearly 15 and now gets Chris. I have always loved his name.
    Why dont you start a thread of A to Z boy names and see if someone comes up with something different that you like.

good Luck
    d xxx
  • Options
    I love the name Cory but my hubby wont let me have it. I think we're going to go for charlie if its a boy, but as much as I love it I'm still unsure as there seem to be alot of charlies around! I really like Ewan, but what would you call him for short? I quite like Freddie, Henry and Theo too.
    xx
  • Options
    i am calling my little boy dominic thomas xxxx
  • Options
    My lo is called Kenny Alfie Brady Gaughan, a bit of a mouthful but I wanted Kenny after my dad, OH wanted Alfie and I also wanted my surname Brady as a middle name then the poor lad ended up with a surname like Gaughan! Glad im not lumbered with it. LOL

• Options
    We're really struggling with boys names but we have ages to decide. OH and I can't agree on anything. So far we kindof like.... Fergus, Finlay, Archie, Jude (but my Dad is worried about having to chase him around and shouting 'Hey Jude'!), possibly George but I wanted middle name to be Michael after my dad..... George Michael ! Suz x
  • Options
    Our boys are Luke James and Alex John. We had a hard enough time choosing those names but both times I was pg with the girls, we had a girls name in place prior to 12weeks(Vicki Louise Ann and Katie Alice)!!!! Very strange! We did have some puzzling over girls names when I was pg with the boys, b4 we knew they were boys so I am really hoping my instincts are correct again as we already have a girls name we like ........ if no5 is a girl she'll be Holly Mae - if a boy, haven't a clue!!
  • Options
    Mmm... I'm liking Oscar... i'll run that by OH tonight lol wasn't to impressed with Finley and I thought that was a lovely name lol! like I said he is such a fuss pot lol x
  • Options
    lol I just rang him he says he doesn't like Oscar either... oh what to do with OH lol! I think it's a lovely name! x
  • Options
    ok just a few that i thought were nice....

Suleyman (turkish)
    Benjamin
    Marley
    Harvey
    Eren
    Noah (and the animals came in two by two hurrah..... hurrah)
    Jacob
    Henry (i know i know but i love the traditional ones)
    Jude
  • Options
    I like Noah and I got the animals came in two by two hurrah..... hurrah lol sung at me upon suggesting it lol! x
  • Options
    I like Noah and I got the animals came in two by two hurrah..... hurrah lol sung at me upon suggesting it lol! x
  • Options
    A good idea is too watch the credits at the end of films/programmes!!! That way you can see character names and the names of everyone involved with the film and there just might be one lurking in there that your OH might like (fingers crossed)!! Just wondered - has he made ANY suggestions??? Might help you a little bit if you knew along what sort of lines he might be thinking.

I have heard though that some people just see their lo's for the 1st time and a name pops into their head! Am I grasping at straws here for you babe lol

Good luck, Love Lee
    xxxxx
  • Options
    im calling my lil man Mason
    what will be your lo's last name? might help us suggest some names for you xxx
  • Options
    My little boy is called Oliver Thomas.

Names I'm liking at the moment are:

Finlay
    Harrison
    Max
    Corey
    Jacob
    Samuel
    Liam
    Luca

Any of those any good for your little man????

• Options
    My little boy is called Oliver Thomas.

Names I'm liking at the moment are:

Finlay
    Harrison
    Max
    Corey
    Jacob
    Samuel
    Liam
    Luca

Any of those any good for your little man????

• Options
    What about Euan????

Euan (Or Ewan) Thomas is quite traditional