Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Itching!

Hi all, for the last 5wks my inner thighs have got really itchy! It mostly comes on when i go to bed. I had the same thing with my last pregnancy, i know its nothing to worry about its just very annoying, just wondered if anyone else had the same problem! Debs x

Replies

• yup *nods* my legs itch a lot....especially my inner knees and inner thighs - where its most hardest to scratch...xxxx
  • Just be careful it doesnt get any worse! with my first baby i had really severe itching and afterwards found out it was probably cholestasis (cant spell!!). It was also on my inner thighs and got to the point where i had to sleep with a towel soaked in ice cold water between my thighs. Anyway its to do with the liver and can be really harmful to the baby. Im just glad that nothing happened to my first baby and cant believe the midwife didnt know about it.
    Thankfully this time, im just getting a bit of eczema on one of my elbows- driving me mad!!!!
  • yeah im in the last 3wks off my pregnancy and i find the top parts of my legs are very itchy my little one is due on christmas day very excited

• my boobs are itchy and my belly,i would be quite happy sitting at my desk and scratch my boobs all day...... some how i dont think rest of the staff would like it though :lol:
  • LOL! i get itchy all over, mostly at night though! feels like have things crawling on me. weird! not all the time though.
  • Hi all, thanks for the replys. Im glad its not just me then! I checked during my last pregnancy just in case it was that condition that you can get during pregnancy (i cant spell it either!) but it wasnt. I think it must be related to hormones because they can cause your skin to dry out and your hair to get greasy. My thighs were a little dry before so i started to put cream on them but have been to tired the last few weeks so havent bothered! Probably my own fault that im itching!! Last night was really bad i scratched them till they were red raw. I also get really hot at night so that doesnt help. I went to put some cream on them but it said that it was not to be used during pregnancy!! Never mind, it will all be worth it in the end. lol. take care all Debs xx
  • hi debs - i was working in a chemist up until a couple of weeks ago - and I know the frustration of not being able to use anti itch creams - especially the likes of eurax or hydrocortisone/midge creams....try using a really rich moisturiser like aquaeous cream or e45, something emollient....i've found rubbing it on helps the itching and stops me scratching myself till i bleed.....(must cut my nails too - hmmm) I've also found that when my tum itches, i end up with little scabs...so I started creaming my self when I'm itchy and it seems to have helped....aquaeous cream is also vvvv cheap for a wee tub and you need hardly any....hth xxx
  • Hi there squirleyfaerie, thanks for the tip, i will nip into chemist on the way to pick the children up! Debs x