Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

how soon?

hey, just quick question for u.

this may sound silly but after you give birth when does your period start? Is is instant or how long does it take???
Also on average how long do they last, i know mostly they will vary in different people but just an average time span of how long they last.

Sophia x x x

Replies

• It varies mafter my first and second it was 5 and 6 weeks but after my 3rd as i was still breastfeeding it took a year!
  • when you have baby you will bleed fairly heavily as soon as he/she is born, for about 1-2 weeks. then it jusdepends on how you feed your baby as breastfeeding can delay your period and also waht type of contraception you decide on at 6 weeks.
    as i have breastfed all mine my periods have all been delayed because of this. but it depends on your body as well. xx
  • so can i go back on the pill after?
    not sure that ill choose the pill though as i was on pill when i fell pregnant with baby now! ill be bottle feeding x
  • so can i go back on the pill after?
    not sure that ill choose the pill though as i was on pill when i fell pregnant with baby now! ill be bottle feeding x
  • hi hunny.. How ru??!! After yoy've had the baby a midwife will prob come round and have the contraception talk with you. They did after I had Jack. (Although u feel like saying f%!k off im never having sex again!!!) ha ha. She should be able to tell u all u need 2 know!! XX
  • hey sweetie im good thanks are u? x x x
  • im fine thanx hun.. got bloody sciatica though!! it's really painful!!! Apart fom that though im good, Jack is getting really active now and it's killing me running about after him!! XX Hope all is ok with u and Theo the Bump!! xx
  • Me too i have sciatica its horrible!
    got my achey tum pains today so not a great day but ill live! x x x
  • i can imagine, lol. ah your baby is so cute! thanks for reply ill have to wait and see what happens, 32 days til due day!!! (unless i go under or over) Sophia xxx
  • i can imagine, lol. ah your baby is so cute! thanks for reply ill have to wait and see what happens, 32 days til due day!!! (unless i go under or over) Sophia xxx
  • I am really excited now, i was nervous but now its getting nearer i am just really looking forward to it! just unsure on pain relief & have to do my birth plan wednesday.x x x
  • With my first my period came back after a month or two but with my second it didn't come back until my bubba was 7months as i was still breastfeeding.

When i stopped feeding her at 10months 'Aunt Flo' came back (with a vengence!) but i only had two 'normal' periods and .....became pregnant again!

Emma (46 days to go ...Yippee!) x
  • Hi, just wanted to say you can start the pill as soon as 2 weeks after delivery (thats the mini pill tho, not sure on the combined pill)!!