Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Shape of your bump

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether you can tell the sex of your baby based on the shape of your bump. I always thought if you were all bump and upfront that meant a girl but everyone keeps saying I'm having a boy. I already have a boy and wasn't really up front and all bump with him. My friend at work is from South Africa and he says it's South African folklore that up front bumps are boys. I've only got 4 weeks to go so haven't long to wait but just wondered what everyone thought (ie. have you had an up front bump and had a girl???!!).

Replies

• Options
    i always carried upfront with boys and all round with girls - but i know others that have been the opposite. basically its an old wives tale. according to all the folk laws im expecting a girl but i know for a fact im having a boy so basically the only well to tell for sure is scans or the amnio
  • Options
    With my 1st pregnancy I carried upfront and had a girl and with this one it's exactly the same and I know I'm having another girl! I think it depends on your body shape too.
  • Options
    Hi spenandlyns, I carried all up front with my first, from behind you couldn't even tell i was pregnant!! And he was a boy! but my bump isn't really there yet with this pregnancy so i can't comment on this one!! good luck with the birth i hope you get what you are hoping for!!!Kayleigh xxx
  • Options
    i found that i carried all round with my daughter and all front with my son
  • Options
    With my first daughter I carried up front and it was just a bump, this pregnancy which is another girl I am carrying all round so I just think everyone is different.I also did all gender prediction charts, gender quizes where they can determine the sex from your bump and everytime they were wrong so I just think I may have just eaten more this pregnancy!! xx
  • Options
    *sigh* I don't know if i'm all out front or round, all i know is my colleagues at work say my ass is getting bigger and i think i just look like i have a fat pot belly....*wobble*

WHY IS MY BUMP NOT NICE AND ROUND???!!!

And why is it that my 'big' boob is getting bigger whilst my small boob seems to stay the same?! I'm at my wit's end...and feel like a fat roly poly pie :\(

O well....I'm only 25 weeks and I suppose I'll be wishing for these days of so-called smallness back....

faerie & bean
    xxx