Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help wanted pretty please :o

2»

Replies

• Options
    ps when said people will think same about you meant that you look all glowing and nicely pregnant - hope previous mesg didn't sound bad - lol x x
  • Options
    lol. good on ya gem. I can't stand people who judge others when they dont know the full circumstances. I say this because I was 19 when I fell pregnant with my first and people used to judge us before they knew our situation. As soon as me or my partner said we're both studying at university for a LLB Law degree they soon shut up and looked at us in a completely different way..

Just because you're young doesn't mean you're dumb. That's what I say.

Anyway I'm on baby number 2 now and I'm 22. My other half is a solicitor. So not all young people rely on the state to pay for their families. It was hard for us being so young and having children, but at least when we get to 35-40 we won't have to worry that we haven't had kids yet and by then they should be more or less self-sufficient and we'll bugger off on world cruises and expensive holidays and re-live our youth lol...hehehehe
  • Options
    most embarrassing thing in pregnancy - piles!!!!!!

esp when they are massive and really really hurt! I'll never underappreciate being able to sit down comfortably again.
    i couldnt sit down, i could stand up, i couldnt walk...... and they didnt go away until ollie was about 2 months old! It was hell. and the creams the doc prescribed (on home visits coz i bled if i tried to walk too far) didnt really do much to help until after the birth.

still we're ttc no 2 so it cant have been that bad image:lol:
    xxxx
  • Options
    for goodness sakes i think the teen mom thing needs to be forgotten too many ppl are taking it to heart wehen it was made as a passing comment! i'm sorry but i haven't been around many kids in fact the only one was my nephew when i was 14! yes i have a lil bit more world experience but it does NOT prepare you for motherhood! that was the point not that we need to take it from them and leave them to the dogs but it should also be offered to those who may feel the need of a lil bit of support and guidence througfh this scary time... none of the comments were having a go it was simply passing of comments how is it that only a few of us seem unoffended by passing comments ment as a conversation?
  • Options
    Not really offended. Just don't like see judgment - why bring teen mum's into it?
  • Options
    I'm 19 and am having a ridiculously easy pregnancy. I'm not sure what my most embarrassing thing is, probably not being able to shave down there!

But as MissNatasha said just because you are young doesn't mean you haven't wanted a baby for ages. My pregnancy was unplanned but it doesn't mean I want him any less or will be a bad mum. And all I will receive in benefits is child benefit & child tax credit, like anyone else does.

I don't know why everyone moans about teenage mums when women are leaving it later and later and that isn't a good thing either. You can't tell people that the ideal age to have a child is 28 (or whatever), some people want a baby at 16, others want to leave it till their forties. Let everyone get on with it I think lol xxx
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only one with really stinky farts, my hubby thinks I'm disgusting!LOL! I also get those one off hiccups, they are very loud and embarrassing!

Itchy, hard nipples, definately uncomfortable.

As an 'older mum' (hate that label as I feel very young!LOL!), I'm 34 and this is my first pregnancy. I've always wanted children but the timing was never right and it took a while to find my soul mate. It really used to bug me when people would say, "don't you want children" or the classic "tick tock" (that really p***ed me off!) as if I was intentionally putting it off! The time is perfect for me now xx
  • Options
    OH god.. .where to start!?

Deffo the farts. V. v. bad.

Sicky-burps! Like i wanted to have an acid-dessert after ive eaten already!

My digestive system not deciding whats going on... sod just constipation... what about diahhorea too? Or both at once!!

Itchy piles - who really wants to see a whale trying its best not to scratch its arse!?

Weird bumps (anyone get this?). now my bump has dropped, so to speak, my stomach has just sagged at the bottom lol. its ugly as anything!! i thought i would stay nice and rounded! Lies! all Lies! Its just like a little alien flap! eurgh.

Swollen - EVERYWHERE!? I coulda sworn its never been that puffy! tmi!!! Makes the sex drive absolutely nil tho. You woulda thought the extra blood flow would be nice... except its not. Shame image

Extra hair - don't know if its just because i can't reach so it takes a HUGE amount more effort than usual or there really is a jungle in my pants! I compared leg hair with my OH the other day... there is honestly not much difference. Im actually a man now. A large, pregnant man-whale!

Extra sweating is a big one too. Being over-hot and wanting to shower alot. And needing 10 times more deodorant than a footballer.

Ooh and feeling like you're gonna black out if you lie back too far for too long! Apparently its the baby lying on a nerve, but i went to the dentist for a routine checkup and ended up sat on the dentists chair while he swivelled me round to check my teeth!!

I'll try n think of some more! They are all pretty vile.

Lucy X
  • Options
    Lucy, your post really made me chuckle, think you should write a book! I'm only 13 +3 weeks and have all of the above to look forward to!LOL xx
  • Options
    Lucy - thanks for your post, it's exactly the type of thing I am looking for, as are the other ladies who have posted relevant to the topic answers.
    Thanks to all of you.
    Shame it had to become a debate on teen pregnancy though; I didn't see that one coming!!
  • Options
    FunkyRabbit! Let us know when and where this article can be seen - it sounds really interesting! Vile... but interesting! Lol.

Good luck! X
  • Options
    oh i agree with itchy nipples! my god. and how the hell do you go about itching them in public? crikey. my hubby had to help with my "grooming* too, after he walked into the bathroom to find me in the oddest position EVER trying to see my bits over my bump!
  • Options
    Having to use the breathing techniques learnt for labour just to push a mammoth sized poo out. oh n if your taking iron tablets it'l be a BLACK mammoth sized poo that FLOATS!
  • Options
    I have a hairy belly! and loud farts which i cant keep in! hehe!
    still loving pregnancy tho!!
    x x
  • Options
    yes, my mum was a teen mum and she's the best mum in the world. If people stare then hold your head up high and be proud of your bump!! You've nothing to be ashamed of - they have...for being so small minded.

Take care and look after yourselves xXx
  • Options
    yes mine was 17 when ashe had my sister! its funny they look down on us for having them young (i never started the comments on teens either) but look at how young and how MANY they were having my dad is the youngest of 8 dan's nan is one of 10 lol the older generation were rabbits in the making and although yes how many were married and blah blah blah but do we really need a piece of paper and a piece of metal to show commitment and love lol

funky rabbit it is another embarassing bit they don't tell you about .... the rude comments made by others.... the random hands that reach to touch the bump ..... the for ever looking to say are you fat or pregnant.... (i'm actually both hahahaha) nothing more than trying to hobble about with crutches and ppl saying oo00oo whats happened to you or whats up? lol i'm getting tempted with the exotic illness rather than saying SPD and explaining it or saying a bone disorder that'll hopefully go in about 5-6 months! lmao you definately don't get prewarned about all that and it certainly can get embarrassing...