Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Backache etc

Hi there. I'm 30 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and having a horrendous time what with one thing after another. I'm currently in a lot of pain with backache and have stomach ache from time to time as well. Also got aching in my calf muscles (god, I sound like a wreck!).

I had a fantastic pregnancy with my son but really struggling with this one and the thought of another 10 weeks isn't good!

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? I was worried that I might have SPD as I really struggle to walk sometimes and am really stiff if I've been lying around or sitting down.

Replies

• Hi

sounds like you're having a horrid time and it can make 10 weeks seem like forever. I suffered with SPD with my first and it was agony. Every time I wanted to turn over in bed I would wake up because it hurt so much and if I walked for more than 15 mins I felt like i was in labour. If you think you have SPD get checked by your midwife as she will refer you to a physio and you'll also get a support belt which does help. I also suffered with terrible back ache with no.4 and was prescribed co-proxomal which just left me feeling like a zombie so I only took them once! I'm only 21 weeks and already my back hurts...penance for having no.5!! Really hoping I don't end up with SPD as I walk kids to school and also SPD sounds like a Power Ranger!!!

Try 7 rest, I know easier said than done. Warm baths help as do hot water bottles and take paracetamol if you need to. Also try sleeping with a pillow between your knees, which I find helps.

Take care and do chat to your midwife.

Zoe
  • How funny - my little boy has 3 power rangers and suddenly realised they are SPD!! Been to my dr and luckily don't seem to have it, just general pregnancy niggles. I've used hot water bottle and now sleep with pillow between my knees and starting to get better. I walk home every lunchtime to walk our dog and I think it's that which has been taking it's toll. Hard to slow down 2nd time never mind 5th!!

Hope you are keeping ok. Take it easy and try and rest when you can.
  • PLeased to hear you're not suffering with SPD as its horrid. I know what you mean about it being harder to slow down and its just as hard with 2nd pregnancy as any other. I'm really looking forward to it being school hols (3 days and counting!!) so I don't have to rush anywhere and if I feel yucky I can just raid the craft box or set and obstacle course in the garden & let the children amuse themselves!!

Take care and try & rest when you can.
    Zoe