Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Private Births

Hi everyone,

I am in the extremely fortunate position of being able to go private for the birth of my first baby (due next Feb). The only problem is I don't seem to be able to find any private hospitals outside of London! I live in East in Sussex and am tearing my hair out, can anyone help?!!!!!

Thanks

x Roni

Replies

• Options
    Hi. Have you considered hiring an Independant Midwife and having a home birth? Personally I had my daughter in hospital, partly due to needing to be induced, partly because I felt I'd be happier there. But if I could afford it I would try having a home birth with an Independant Midwife, you could even hire a pool & have a waterbirth. The other thing is, there is a Midwife Birthing Unit at Hythe (nr the New Forest in Hampshire) is that near enough to you? (sorry my geography isnt great). Dont think it is private however it is supposed to be a much nicer experience than a normal hospital birth. Good luck! Luv Sam
    xxx (Due December 7th)
  • Options
    Thanks Sam,

Actually, a home birth is something I've been mulling over but was a bit scared! Might just bite the bullet and give it a go now.

Thanks again

Roni x