Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

sleep

Hi its sarah carnt sleep baby keeps moving and kicking im getting fed up now just want it 2 hurry up im only 22wks and got a long way 2 go. does anybody know a good solution 2 help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! sarah xxxxxxxxx :cry:

Replies

• hi Sarah!! it does get better, i had the same but it's a little better now (i'm 26 weeks). unfortunatley on nights tonite, so that confuses everything!! try and relax... i usually have a big bubble bath usually with radox or something similar and i've got a lush dressing gown which is really soft and helps me to settle down. boots do a pillow mist for about a fiver which also helps.... good luck and keep smiling sam xxx
  • i cann actually say it doesnt get better im 39 weeks and itss got worse for me!! sorry to burst ur bubble samf but i have tried everything honest and nothing has worked. im nearly at the end now only a week to go x
  • oh i hope i start sleeping soon!!! its making me so ratty, im tired but my mind is well awake and i just lie there all night!!! quite alot lately!! i cant remember getting this with my first!! ive put it down to the full moon lol x
  • Hi im actually overdue now sleeping was a real problem for me and my midwife couldnt give me any good advice but i did find that a thin duvet rolled up (you cuddle into it with one leg over on top) helps a lot oh and if you have a bath then chill out for about an hour in bed with a magazine it gives your baby a chance to settle before you go to sleep as well :lol:
  • Hi All,

i must say, its not getting much better for me either. and nothing seems to help, in actual fact if a hot bubbly bath seems to wake the bump up, and then he moves for ages after. i just hope things start to change in my last 11 weeks because im really not sure that i could cope with another 11 weeks of sleepless nights.

i would recommend though, is having a nap early evening, at the moment these are the only things i look forward too, i get in from work and have a nap for an hour and a half. i find i can then manage with staying awake the day after at work then.

hope it gets better for you
    Lisa
    :\)
  • Hi everyone just want 2 say thankyou for all your comments iv tried and tested them all lol. i acually got a good nights sleep last night and have you lot 2 thank for it so THANKYOU so much luv sarah.xxxx
  • Woke up at half four this am and couldn't get back to sleep. Just got up in the end. Just when I was getting used to having more sleep again as have been fine last few weeks. Must be getting ready for baby. Im 30+5.
    Glad to hear you got a good night. Really gives you a lift doesnt it? x
  • Hi eva sorry 2 hear your not sleeping again its a real pain isnt it! i was up at 2am needed a wee lol but couldent go back 2 sleep my legs seemed 2 be full of energy but my body didnt want 2 know lol. keep ya fingers crossed that we both manage 2 sleep 2night. keep intouch hun luv sarah.xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Had a few better nights. Found out im anaemic so think thats why ive been waking so much cause ive been breathless.
    Think the best plan is napping during the day if poss. You got the time for that? x
  • Im awake laodz at night too!!!Dont really know why?a few times for a wee but cant get back to sleep after!
    Im not uncomfortable YET!!! thats still to come!!! I dont want it to start now cuz I know that its just going to get worse.... the bigger I get the more baby grows the worse it will be!!!
    I have stopped drinking after 8oclock a tnight and found I dont wake as many times but I dont know if there is anything that can help ???? Is there???
  • Daytime napping is fab, specially if u aren't sleeping well. Cpl 20-30 min catnaps can do wonders to perk u up a bit! With 3 others running around, school run etc I don't often get the chance but it's lovely when I do! My little wriggle doesn't bother me, he norm sends me back to sleep!!!! It's my brain working overtime that norm keeps me awake!!
  • hi eva yeah could do never thought of that thing is im on shift work at the mo at a pub work 12-3pm then back at 7.30-close, so i suppose i could fit an hour in lol thing is you dont want to go back to work lol. sarahxxxxxxxx
  • I find eating a little bit, like a sclice of toast makes me sleep through, if I don't I too am wide awake at 3.30 or 4am. I dont' know if this is becuase I am diabetic & keeping my glucose levels up helps but it is a tried & tested. It also seems to soak up any wee so I dont' need to go to the loo in the night image
  • Sounds like everyone has the same probs. All these remedies work one night and then dont the next.

Know how you feel sarah but it definitely helps. Try to nap and aim to wake up at least half an hour before you have to go back out. I find a drink and a snack perk me up after a nap. Must be the sugar. I hope close isnt too late for you. Must be hard work for you while youre pregnant.
    Hope everyone gets some sleep tonight. x
  • hi everyone im back again lol, been doing really well this week sleep wise now im back 2 square 1, xxx sarah.
  • this week i've gone back onto a busier ward, and touch wood i've only had 1 restless night, i found that was thinking about work rather than anything else... came up with an idea for a pt who was having episodes of breathlessness so waking up was worth it!!!! the girls at work just laughed at me tho!!otherwie i stick to my same routine and touch wood seem to be ok.xxx
  • I'm nearly 38 weeks and have slept badly for months don't seem to get a good night sleep just keep thinking be used to it by the time baby is here :lol: Hope you all get a good night sleep soon
  • I do a couple of hours wide awake most nights, like really wide awake as if I'd got all the energy in the world - very annoying! Even if I nod off nice and quick I still wake up full of life at the wrong time!
  • thank god im not the only one im ten weeks and so shettered but when it comes to going to sleep i cant i even made my oh sleep in the spare top bunk bed but he fell out!!!!!lol so he is back in with me now!
  • Sorry to hear bout the sleep prob again Sarah. I continue to have good nights and bad ones. Used to waking most nights now tho. Only 45 days to go and then I can sleep on my tummy again image