Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Does this look normal for 5 to 6 weeks

Ultrasound done at 5 to 6 weeks. Dr said come back in 2 weeks. He thinks it's too early. Last period was Dec 3rd but my periods have been running 50 days apart. Bfp was January 7th. Level was 112 that night. Level on morning of the 9th was 215. First picture is of ultrasound barely showing a sac on the 9th. Went back to the dr on the 19th. 2cd picture is that ultrasound. Which I believe I was 5 to 6 weeks at. 3rd picture is a close up from the 19th. I need input. Dr doesn't seem to worried but I'm a wreck and have 2 wait til Feb 2cd for next ultrasound. Did anyone else have a ultrasound at 5 to 6 weeks that looked like this where the baby was fine later???imageimageimage

Replies

• Your hcg levels doubled over 48 hours which is what they are suppose to do 👍🏻. 

I had a scan at 7 weeks and we did see a heartbeat on the screen but you pretty much has to squint to see the 'baby' on the scan photo - hence why baby is now nick named peanut! 

I would try not to worry this is why they only recommend scans from 7 scans as it's hard to see anything before.

• I had a scan at exactly 6 weeks & will attach the pics below. there Is very little to see at 6 weeks (you’ll be amazed at the difference between 6 & 8 weeks!). imageimage

• This was my same pregnancy at 8 weeks. 

• Your blood levels sound fine too. my hcg at 14dpo was 111, I had it tested again at 20dpo & it was 1487. As the PP said, your levels should roughly double every 48 hours so you’re are doing that. 

• Thank you Both! SW2 your first scan pic looks almost identical to mine. Thanks so much for sharing