Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Feeling your baby kick: how many weeks pregnant were you when you felt that very first kick?

Helo.
We know it varies greatly from woman-to-woman when they feel their baby kicking, but we would love you to tell us, how many weeks pregnant were you when you felt that very first, undeniable kick? 

We would love to hear from you, so please let us know by replying below. 

Replies

• With my first baby I specifically remember being 16w when I first felt him kick.

With my second of which I am currently 31w pregnant with it was much sooner and I could feel definite movement around 10w

x

• With my first i didn't feel anything until 21 weeks - but once i did, i knew what to look out for. With my second, i felt proper movement at 19 weeks. 

• With my first not really sure but think it was around 20 weeks but with my second it was 14 weeks. Think first time was because I didn't know what I was feeling was movement as it wasn't how I expected or how people told me it would feel, this time I knew what to look for. 

• About 22 weeks of 

• I felt movement for the first time at 15+3 but movement became regular at 17 weeks. At 19 weeks it felt like baby was kicking down at my cervix which is a bit painful!

I now have a very active, nocturnal baby at 20 weeks which is not good for my sleep. I feel very lucky though so can't really moan xx

• 15 wks with first, 12 wks second 11 wks current/3rd. Starts off with irregular flutters, currently 23 weeks and definite kicks/moving about! All mine have been posterior placenta though so felt the movements down low and out front 

• The night before my 20 week scan (I think I was actually 19+3). I have an anterior placenta so was shocked but every midwife who has checked heartbeat has said they are an active one! Partner actually felt the first kick too - special moment :)