Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help! Indigestion from hell

Hi girls,

I'm 20wks now and have been off work all week with what I thought was a tummy bug but turns out to be extreme indigestion! The pain in my stomach is almost unbearable and it's even been making me sick. :\( I'm also feeling really weak, probably from finding it difficult to eat.

Went to my GP yesterday who prescribed me some one a day tablets called Omeprazole. She said it was the hormones causing my stomach acid production to go mad. I've had indigestion before but never like this. The only relief I can get is eating small amounts of toast and having a warm Ribena or sleeping - but as soon as I get up it returns with a vengeance.

Does anyone have any advice please? What are the best remedies (prescribed and over the counter)? Any advice appreciated! I've got a family wedding on Saturday and at this rate I have no idea how 'm going to be able to go as I feel so poorly xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/KmfHp1/.png

Replies

• Gaviscon dual action was my best friend in both my pregnancies.
    The Omeprazole should kick in soon. I hope you feel some relief soon. x
  • Try some baking soda in milk. This is stinking but i cannot stress how well it works. Anyone who has tried it had said its great. Im a nurse and most of the old people i look after would swear by it and wouldnt touch gaviscon. x
  • hi i tried absolutely everything possible to get rid of my heartburn it made me feel sick right up until i gave birth i had gaviscon advance from dr from when i was 9 weeks preg i had a total of 7 litres! gross but nothing else worked! its awful i know how you feel!! never heard of baking soda in milk though no doubt would have tried it!!!! xx
  • refreshers are ace. polos are good too. i swore by rennies xxx
  • I was prescribed gaviscon, but it didn't really work. The only thing that really worked for me were Rennies, and they shifted it more or less straight away.