Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Lansinoh on prescription?!

Hi Ladies,

I've just seen on another post somewhere that you can get Lansinoh cream on prescription, which beats paying ??10 a tube!

Anyone had any experience of this?

Replies

• iv not heard of this at all, but like u said will be great if u can!
  • iv not heard of this at all, but like u said will be great if u can!
  • That would be fab. I'm planning on breastfeeding and was going to get some of this. May try and wangle it on prescription though as it's free for us! Worth a try i'd say! x
  • Seeing this has just reminded me that the birthing centre where my friend planned to have her baby gave it out on prescription - think it's in Hull.
    It really should be available on prescription shouldn't it - I'm halfway through my tube already and dd is only a week today!
  • My top tip for lansinoh is to use it before your baby is born. I waited until after I was already sore last time but my friend advised me to start using it early as that's what she did twice and has never had problems with bf.
    I'm 32 weeks and have already started using it before bed.
  • ooh i'll have to ask my Dr aboiut this 

• Not heard of that, but i only needed one tube, it lasts ages and i hadn't run out by the time i'd stopped needing it - and i'm still breastfeeding at 8 months. Don't think using it before really makes a difference, you can't prepare your nipples for breastfeeding, tbh your friend probably just had babies that were good at latching on! Once you've got the latch sorted you shouldn't be sore, but Lansinoh is the only cream worth using at the beginning!

xxx