Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Clomid success stories please!!

Hello ladies

I hope you dont mind me posting here, i've come over from LTTTC.

I have just been given clomid and i'm due to start it in a few days.

I'M SO EXCITED!!

I would love to hear all the stories from ladies who had success on clomid!
I love to know how long you was on it and what dose you was on before you got your BFP's?

I'm being nosey, i really hope you dont mind!

Jess xxx
P.S congratulations on all your pregnancies

Replies

• Hiya,

I strarted taking clomid in Jan this year after TTC for nearly 2 years. I have PCOS which was diagnosed way back in 1997.

1st cycle was unsuccessful at 50mg + Metformin 1000mg daily. No OV.
    2nd cycle was 2 months later at 100mg + Metformin 1000mg daily. OV (tested positive on Clearblue Fertility Sticks) 1st time i have ever ovulated and then 13 days later BFP!!!

I am now 9+3 and due 7th December. My consultant also got me an early pregnancy scan to check for eptopic and multiple pregnancy which i had at 7+3. Which showed one perfect little bean with a perfect heartbeat.

I didn't find the side effects too bad, took the dose at night and seemed to sleep off most of them. Only one that hubbie noticed were mood swings! image

Wishing you lots and lots of luck, hang on in there and i'm sure you will have you BFP very soon.

Sending you lots of babydust. Feel free to ask anymore questions.

xxx
  • Thanks shezakeza for replying, your making me more excited!!!
    I've been started straight on 100mg, and good tip about taking it at night i'll do that.
    Pleased your pregnancy is going well
    xxxx
  • Hi Jess,
    I just wantd to tell you that i am having a clomid induced baby.. I started on 50mg and got my BFP on cycle 2, i was perimenopausal and not ov any more!! We are delighted to have gotten the chance to have another baby, and clomid certainly worked for us.. Pavs xx 12+2
  • We're due january with a clomid baby!
    We'd been ttc for 20 months with PCOS, endo, 2 blocked tubes (one unblocked in december) and i wasn't OVing.
    We fell pregant on my 2nd cycle of clomid with a 50mg dosage.

Lilac* 6+1
    xxxxxxxxxx
  • I am on my 2nd clomid baby. My first is 2. I fell pregnant on my 2nd month of 50g of clomid day 2-6.

This time round I fell pregnant on my first month of 100g, due July.

I too have PCOS, and my cycles are all over the place.

Good Luck with it babe

AnneMaire xx
    27+6
  • i was diagnose wiv pcos in june last yr and started on clomid 50mg in nov along with metformin and i got my bfp in jan on my second round of 100mg and metformin and due in sep!!

xxxx
  • I wasn't oving after my mc last June so was put on 50 mg clomid cd 2-6. Ov'd on cd 18 and bfp 10 days later! I think it's FAB stuff.

Did affect my cm though so I'd advise getting some preseed. I swaer that reallly helped. I also drank grapefruit juice and took cough medicine with Guifaresin (sp?) to help thin my cm as I was totally paranoid about finally oving and my cm being hostile!!

x 22+2
  • thanks, i'm so excited. AF is starting to show its ugly face then i can start! xxx
  • hiya
    in 2004 i started clomid on 50mg and fell pregnant with my 1st son on my second cycle of this dose.
    when we were trying to conceive again in 2006 i had 4 cycles of 50mg but nothing was happenin and i wasnt producing any eggs. i was then prescribed 100mg and fell pregnant on the first cyce and our 2nd son was born in 07.
    dont know if it was just me but i seemed to feel quite ill on the clomid....dizzy. sick etc...not sure if other people felt like this as i didnt know anyone that had to take it.
    hope all goes well for u and u get ur bfp soon
    vicky xx
    18+2
  • vickym83 I was feeling dizzy and sick while taking it. I also had a really bad taste in my mouth too, but they are all well known side effects of taking the drug it tells you that on the leaflet enclosed in the tablet box.

xxx
  • the only side effect i got (that i forgot to mention) was hot sweats! especially at night, it was jan and i had all the windows open! hubby was not impressed lol x
  • Thanks ladies i love hearing all your success stories! xxx
  • We were trying for 18 months, no af and no ov (PCOS was diagnosed) so after being on Metformin for 6 months gynea put me on Clomid50mg as well, first cyle no ov but 2nd cycle 50mg to i ov and got my bfp. I am now 19+1 and so over the moon and feel so thankful that i'm acrully having a baby as i thought it would never happen.
    Sxx
  • AF started y'day so i'm taking first pill tonight!!! YAY
  • cool.....good luck!! xx
  • hi hun i will shortly be ttc my 3rd clomid baby! my first is three in october and my second is one in about 3 weeks!!!! this was after being told it probably wouldnt happen without ivf ! im very proud image if u are unlucky enough to get ur af it is alot worse than normal and mood swings woooow! the last bit of advice is GO to your smear tests if ur due one after taking clomid as it can cause cancerous cells to grow faster. so make sure you go!!! good luck bet u'll get ur bfp v soon xxxxxxxxxx
  • Thanks lollyhatch, how long was you on clomid for before you got your BFP's, and what dose?
    I wont be able to go for smear, as i'm only 20 and arent able to have one until your 25!! although maybe consultant will offer me one after. DH's NOT looking forward to the mood swings bit lol! Congratulations on your beautiful miracles xxxx
  • my first baby was without clomide and the docs cant explain him lol but mai my 2cnd was after one cycle and at the lowest dose i think 50mg ??? not thought about that lil white box in a while but really i owe it soo much image and luca was on dose 3 n the docs had said that was it they wernt prescribinganymore so a huge relief to get my bfp!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • i started clomid in my month Apirl,second month nothing happen,i'm about going to my month, but i'm thinking i brought the Fake Clomid,, i really need another baby, pls what colour is tablet,