Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Suffolk gals

2»

Replies

• Options
    our thoughts are with you.xxxx diz
  • Options
    hi everyone, hope everyone is ok, i now have my baby, however i did manage to fracture my ankle three days before i was offered a elective c section, am happy to say all is well not easy but very grateful for my daughter.
  • Options
    CONGRATULATIONS dizzy gund. Sorry to hear about the ankle, must be making things very difficult. I hope & baby are well. What did you call her? try & take it easy, I know easier said than done.
    Take care
    Zoe
  • Options
    hi zoe, we called her poppy amy honey, i kinda feel that the ankle realy messed things up a bit but it def could have been worse. how are you? hope things are going ok. take care. diz:\)
  • Options
    Hi
    What a gorgeous name. We are really struggling with choosing names this time. I expect your ankle is making it a 100 times harder, I hope you have loads of help.
    I'm ok, although the summer hols seem realy exhausting especially as it won't stop raining at the moment. At least I don't have to be out of the house by 8.30 to walk the kids to school & then have the 2 other school runs later in the day!! (Youngest is starting nursery part time at school in Sept so will have lunch time pick up too). I've got another scan and appt with consultant on 8 Sept to check everything is ok. I'll know a bit more then as initially planned to do scans fornightly from 28 weeks, so I guess they'll confirm this then. Starting to panic as haven't brought anyhting big yet, just a few babygros let's hope it doesn't come early!!!!
    Take care and make sure you get a rest.
    Zoe
  • Options
    hi zoe, yep have lots of help its a bit odd being dependant on someone though, i have a cast up to my knee, aparantly i broke the ankle bone and managed to move the whole ankle over! have hospital app tomorrow to find out if i need surgery, i have managed to make the stairs all by myself so i dont have to spend all day in bed-sounds heaven doesnt it but realy boring, cant even bath poppy. Anyway is there a reason you have to have scans every two weeks? do you find at this point in pregnancy it doesnt realy feel real, therefore the need to buy all the bits isnt there yet. As my pregnancy was so good it didnt feel real right up to the end. will you have lots of help when you have baby and afterwards? Are your other children looking forward to the new baby? my son couldnt be bothered either way but my daughter is like a little mummy, although she is having trouble trying to work out where she fits in now, no longer the baby of the family, she is a nursery at the mo but starts school in january, my other two daughters live with their daddy, havnt seen them for a bit. Anyway hope your ok, i do miss being pregnant so envy you a little, and plese be careful on stairs, trust me be extra careful balance in pregnancy is rubbish. bye for now, take care. xc
  • Options
    hi Dizzy
    I expect you're feeling very frustrated not being able to get on & do everything. Never mine recovering from the c-section aswell. At least you have lots of help. Mine are all excited but I think my youngest will find it strange when baby is here as she's been the baby for 3 1/2 years.
    I've got to have scans reguarly as this will be my 5th c-section. I've had 2 emergancies & 2 electives so far. Although i think if I'd had the first baby at Ipswich I may have had a normal birth as care at hospital in Bucks was terrible. So I'm now receiveing fantastic care from Mr Boto and team at Ipswich. They're monitoring the scar thickness and babies growth and if need be will have to do cs early. I'm hoping to get as close to 38 weeks as I can as it's better for baby.
    You're right I can't get my head round buying everything again, as we got rid of everything. It all got a bit overwhleming at the weekend and left me in tears just thinking about it (stupid hormones!!). We paln to get everything in Sept in case baby comes early so in the meantime will continue browsing the Mothercare catologue!
    Take care and I hope hops appt goes ok about your ankle, I expect the last thing you want is more surgery.
    Zoe
  • Options
    Hi zoe, hope your ok, all is well here, getting plenty of rest, getting a sore bum infact! ha ha. i bet your finding the weather better, it was rotten when it was hot. Hope your scan went ok. Havent seen sammy on here, am guessing not good news, hope she is ok. Have you thought of looking on ebay for various bits you need, we got our pram and loads of clothes from there and realy cheep. Are you breast feeding or bottle? this is the first time i have attempted to breast feed and is going realy well, we have topped her up on bottles as she lost a lot of weight in her first week, midwife told me to eat more! who can argue.image Are you children bored of the hols yet? mine cant wait to go back to school, been a crappy hols for them, daddy is taking them to the cinemar sometime this week. my husbands boss was wondering why he needed more time off and why i couldnt look after the children myself! only a man.:evil: anyway take care and enjoy your pregnancy it will be over before you know it. bye for now, do you know how the email bit on this works?
  • Options
    Hi Dizzy
    Glad to hear you are doing well. And well done to breast feed. I've managed to feed all mine but ended up mixed feeding my second son as he was soooo hungry! I'm hoping I'll be able to feed the new one too. The midwife is right you need to keep eating at this early stage to keep te milk flowing. yes I am glad the weather is cooler alhtough I wish the rain would go as we can't get our much. I've had my sister up to stay for a couple of days so we took my lot to Easton Farm Park yesterady but gave up by lunchtime cos of the rain!! I think the cinema is the best bet at the moment, at least the rain won't spoil it!! They can't wait to get back to school but also are sad the time seems to be going quickly now. Iwas thinking the otehr day I've only really got about 12 weeks left now as I'm 26 weeks. It doesn't seem possible yet it also seems like forever. I think once they're back at school time will fly!!
    I haven't seen Sammy on here either. I hope she is ok.
    I'm not sure how the email works, there is an email button to click at the end of each post maybe thats how if the other person has allowed emails to be sent tot eh them????
    Pleased you're still getting lots of help, enjoy it while it lasts, but if you're anything like me you'll be getting fed up not being able to get on and get the house just how you like it!!
    Bye for now and take care
    Zoe
  • Options
    Hi zoe my dear, hope your feeling ok, getting plenty of rest before back to school run starts. The hols have flown by, havent had good week so far, had pain in my calf so had to go to hospital get blood test done which showed i was high risk due to the break and section- der ya think! anyway they cut off my fourth cast just to look at my leg last night and then put another on and made me go back this morning to scan it, only for the scan bloke to say um best repeat it after the weekend and gave me some more injections over the weekend, so hopefully there isnt any clots there, on the up side i only have two colours left to go with the cast and will have used them all, only got till the 12th and the cast comes off, at least my husbands work have finally agreed he can have some more time off at least till the cast comes off, shame i need to be poss realy ill first! all the problems even today has been men! why? Anyway poppy doing well nearly 10lb now, still mix feeding and realy enjoying it to. do you know i still dont feel like thats it, i would still like another, maybe thats just the messed up bit, maybe when everything is sorted and we are settled i will feel different, but thankfully i dont feel depressed , i have down days of corse everyone does. Enought moaning, hope your ok, once again be careful of stairs. take care.xc:lol:
  • Options
    Hi Dizzy
    Pleased to hear you've still gots lots of helpa t home...or is it help??!! Also glad to hear that Poppy is thriving and that you are still managing to mix feed.
    I can't believe how quickly the hols have gone aswell nor can the children!! Although they are looking forward to getting back to see their friends. I'm not looking forward to waddling back and forth to school each day, but at least I'll be nice & fit so it will help with recovery from c-section. I saw my mw yesterday, everything fine. I've got appt & scan next week with consultant at Ipswich so looking forward to seeing baby again and hopefully will know more of what to expect over last few weeks in terms of how many trips to the hospital. I can't beleive its getting nearer. We're going to get the cot and buggy etc in next couple of weeks, still can't decide which buggy so will be test driving them all around Mothercare!! We still haven't decided on names although Kitty or Katie are favourites with Amelia as a 2nd name.
    Sorry to hear about probs with your leg. At least you'll be out of the cast soon. I hope all goes ok on monday when you go back for scan.
    Take care and stay in touch.
    Zoe
  • Options
    hi again, have you thought about test driving prams etc at mummas and puppers? we did that as i am quite short i needed one that the handel went slightly lower than the ones in any other shop, found the one i wanted and then brought it on ebay for abour ??400 cheaper!! worth a look. we got the pram where the pushchair is seperate and you can have the baby face you even in pushchair mode and the car seat fits onto the chassis, i found the all in ones to heavy, i do quite a lot of walking (normally) and its quite hilly here. anyway good luck with hospital and the waddling. take care.xc;\)
  • Options
    Hi
    I haven't been on for ages, I hope you are well. How's the ankle?? Have you had your plaster off yet?
    I'll try Mamas & papas. I do alot of walking aswell as I don't drive but plan on taking my test next year as all these school runs etc are a bit much! I prefer 3 wheelers as we go to the forest & beach alot and i know M&P do at least 1 3 wheeler.
    Had another scan on Friday which went well, scar is ok and baby is growing well. they plan to get me to 37 weeks, so only 8 weeks left...yeah!!!!! Starting to worry about the c-section now, more having the spinal block as it took so long to work last time. Hopefully won't be so bad this time.
    Have your children settled back into school ok? Mine have even my youngest who I used to leave crying at playgroup now happily goes into Nursery which is great, i don't feel awful leaving her now.
    Take care. Zoe
  • Options
    hi again ;\) glad scan went ok,its lovely to see them isnt it. ankle ok ish had plaster off tues 12th, i went in with big plans for the day, pushing my pram for the first time and going shopping-only for the consultant to say ok no weight on it for two more weeks and then very slowly!! the whole day crashed down, after a bloody good cry and comming to terms with it all was ok the next day. my husband cant take any more time off but a friend took jack to school yesterday and hubby has arranged work so he can take him from now on, however charlie cant go to nursery at the mo and i have to look after her and poppy, so far so good. But i did managed to have a propper BATH yeh. charlie used to hate nursery she would cry so much to the point i ended up staying all the time it would distroy me to leave her, however i changed nurserys and she was fine, there is nothing worse than walking away. Talking about spinal blocks this was the first one i had had, i had an epidural before which is sim i believe, but this one the man said i needed a little more than some as he put it i am a larger lady, however he totally misjudged it and it went right up my neck, i felt like i couldnt breath, it was realy frightning, i dont think i would choose a section, you cant control how you feel its all up to them, very odd. another thing i wasnt keen on was being in a room on my own, no one to chat to except my baby, even now conversation is limitedimage anyway hope all is well, hopefully by half term i should be walking again, have had good rest this time, scar healing well now i can bath properly, had poppy in with me to-lovely. take care and mind stairs. :roll:
  • Options
    Hi. PLeased to hear your plaster is off although it must have been really frustrating for you to be told to take it easy for another fornight. Not much longer now though and then you'll be able to go shopping and push Poppy in her pram. How is Poppy? are you still managing to feed her?
    I'm starting to find everything a bit tiring now and gladly take up offers of lifts home after dropping the kids at school! Also finding bump is getting in the way as I'm all out front and I can't change sheets etc on the bunk beds anymore!! I'm starting to think of packing my bag soon just in case after not feeling too great last week and midwife panicked me as she thinks I may go into labour early due to all the walking and generally looking after 4 children. My husband doesn't seem too worried as the 2 times I went into labour I was overdue so he thinks midwives are jsut there to worry us unnnecessarily! I'm afraid I'm the opposite with regards to getting your own room. I actually manage to get a bit of a rest and also it means my tribe don't disturb the other women on the ward too much!!! Looking forward to having a phone to hand this time with those new tv/phone things?? Did you use yours? Was it really expensive??
    I'd better go and clean the bathrooms before I get Amber from Nursery. Take care and I'll speak to you soon.
    Zoe