Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

low backache in early pregnancy?

Hi girls

Im in panic mode yet again so i thought i'd come on here for reassurance. Well as the title of the thread says i've got back ache! I tend to suffer anyway so not sure if its pg related or not. Its not constant throbbing but just painful if i slighlty arch backwards. Will mention it to my mw this afternoon. Still feeling sick, light headed & sore bb's so fingers crossed im panicking for nothing!

Replies

• Hi honey try not to stress - I also had lower back style cramps for the first 6-8 weeks or so and I think a lot of the girls on here have said the same too. My MW said it is just things stretching and expanding inside and unless you get sharp pains (or obviously bleeding, spotting etc) then i'm sure you have nothing to worry about and the symtpoms are an excellent sign that things are going well. Don't panic though!

Abby xx
  • Hi I've had back ache through all of this pregnancy and the only thing that helps me is hot bath. Again was prone to back ache anyway and i can cope with it but sometimes at the end of a busy day it does really give me some gip. If it is really bothering you then try the heat patches like the ones you can get for period pain they really worked for me when i was at work as i was sat in one position for a long time the doc recommend them so they are safe to use. Hope that helps x
    EDD 4/July
  • Hi i found out yesterday that im 5 weeks pregnant image Me and my partner have been trying for nearly two and a half years so im over the moon. I did have a misscarrige when i was 18 so im so nervus this time around im having low back ache not bad just now and again, i have no pain in my tummy but im just getting worried. I'am really trying not to worry as it not good for you but its easyier said than done. I just hope everythings going to be ok. I rang my M/W today and she has said just to relax dont lift and do hip excersise :/ ...?? She said its all normal as its all your body loosing up and getting ready for baby and if theres no blood not to worry. Hope this helps good luck to everyone xx
  • hey all. im 4 days late on my period, im in spain on holiday now and bk tomoz so ill do a test then, but.... my backs aching at the bottom and ive got period cramps but no period, i came off the pill in feb and last period was hardly anything on the 28th march, could i be preggers or am i getting excited for nothing? lol x